Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Yeah also still down here vumatel trenched durban. Standing by
Back online :) PMB Metrofibre
We've seen two blips and now a complete drop on the KZN<>CPT NLD. One of the KZN<>JHB NLDs are up, but not passing traffic, our team is investigating quickly

Apologies, it's been a day of whack a mole with the various NLD failures. We're back up and running with a NLD between KZN and JHB, and waiting for updates on all the remaining routes.

Outta Gas Eddie

@websquadza I run a ping every 15 minutes from my firewall to 1.1.1.1 and noticed that when we had the issues in KZN over the last few days my pings droped to 2ms to 3ms, now that KZN<>CPT has come back up and the BGP has sorted it's self out the pings are back to10ms to 11ms. Is 1.1.1.1 getting routed to another region? Asking purely out of interest :)

DarkSt0rm

Following up here
Ran the tests again direct to the CPE, it's really weird because they all show only 100Mbit (definitely a gigabit killer NIC on laptop, its an MSI gaming laptop lol), will update ticket (189991) with results. It's actually starting to become an issue with things like git operations randomly missing chunks (expected X bytes but only got Y)

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Ran the tests again direct to the CPE, it's really weird because they all show only 100Mbit (definitely a gigabit killer NIC on laptop, its an MSI gaming laptop lol), will update ticket (189991) with results. It's actually starting to become an issue with things like git operations randomly missing chunks (expected X bytes but only got Y)
What colour is the LAN LED on the Vuma CPE? I think it may be faulty. Will chat to the support guys and get it escalated asap.

DarkSt0rm

What colour is the LAN LED on the Vuma CPE? I think it may be faulty. Will chat to the support guys and get it escalated asap.
Blue power, red/orange FX and red/orange LAN 3

Edit: Tried a different cable in a different port on the CPE out of interest, same sub 100Mbit speedtests, but the same cable/port plugged into the USG instead of laptop has a sub 150mbit speedtest with a 200mbit upload... Lol? Networking is weird...

Edit 2: Connected one of my servers to the CPE and its running at full gigabit all of a sudden o_O

1643287899526.png

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Blue power, red/orange FX and red/orange LAN 3

Edit: Tried a different cable in a different port on the CPE out of interest, same sub 100Mbit speedtests, but the same cable/port plugged into the USG instead of laptop has a sub 150mbit speedtest with a 200mbit upload... Lol? Networking is weird...

Edit 2: Connected one of my servers to the CPE and its running at full gigabit all of a sudden o_O

View attachment 1233718
Apologies for my late follow up here. Could be a driver issue? We've seen this before

abudabi

Expert Member
Not terrible.. but noticing some sporadic loss since earlier this morning. Just an FYI.

1643705823634.png