Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Thanks for these. Consider testing to a server which is running at least at 10G - test a few other options, you should see an improvement.

With regards to Vumatel handover, looks to me like there's some sort of limitation there. I have sent their NOC an email to enquire.

under_sky

Expert Member
Speedtest via Speedtest App - Just before 4pm. (sometimes i get 500mbit, other times 700mbit, sometimes 900mbit. Weird that it changes so often. - https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/77463561-d6f1-4b13-b7ba-62b49c8baf47

From CPE
View attachment 673511
These results are very poor the 1-128KB is rather fine thought but the 10MB one is below okay

1560793901191.png

Example for your viewing, but twitch should be fine for you right ?

One last thing do a test torrent on the following and see if this is consistent https://ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads
That should max your line easily

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
These results are very poor the 1-128KB is rather fine thought but the 10MB one is below okay

View attachment 673563

Example for your viewing, but twitch should be fine for you right ?

One last thing do a test torrent on the following and see if this is consistent https://ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads
That should max your line easily
These are Amazon Direct Connect Speeds as handed over by Amazon in South Africa (We have 3 x 10G peering sessions as well as AWS Direct Connect Transit). Twitch doesn't use Amazon transit, just EC2. So AWS speeds won't correlate with Twitch.

under_sky

Expert Member
These are Amazon Direct Connect Speeds as handed over by Amazon in South Africa (We have 3 x 10G peering sessions as well as AWS Direct Connect Transit). Twitch doesn't use Amazon transit, just EC2. So AWS speeds won't correlate with Twitch.
When are you going to give the 200Mbps package on MFN ? Lastly what would you pricing maybe be at ?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
When are you going to give the 200Mbps package on MFN ? Lastly what would you pricing maybe be at ?
I'm waiting for a few provider things to fall into place before the launch of MFN, SADV and Frogfoot. We're hoping for late July - will confirm sooner.

Sopbeen

Hi there! you might also want to look into Accelerit Fibre they've got a prepaid service with the option to pause your service they've got the most competitive pricing you can look into them via accelerit.co.za/govuma just to also add they also offer 1000/100 for only R2,343.00
lol @ spamming websquad's thread with a worse deal than what they offer... Fail shill account.

Napalm

Expert Member
Whats the best way or site to test my international speed? What should i be getting on the 1gbit package from CPT side of the world.

Is there any speedtests that are reliable or an application that can test it properly.

Sopbeen

Whats the best way or site to test my international speed? What should i be getting on the 1gbit package from CPT side of the world.

Is there any speedtests that are reliable or an application that can test it properly.
load up a torrent from a private tracker or an ubuntu iso. Those normally max out lines quite easily.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
@websquadza,apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm looking at your 100mbps offer. What is your FUP? You're welcome to PM me.

Right now my ISP is throwing a hissy fit because I'm consistently hitting 2TB per month and I'm getting gatvol.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@websquadza,apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm looking at your 100mbps offer. What is your FUP? You're welcome to PM me.

Right now my ISP is throwing a hissy fit because I'm consistently hitting 2TB per month and I'm getting gatvol.
If I may ask which ISP is that? We need to name and shame them. They need to be upfront with FUP if they do have them.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Evening. Absolutely no FUP on our end. Our FUP is available on our website too. It says what I’ve written above.

Just like @cavedog I’m interested to know who sees 2TB as a lot...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Evening. Absolutely no FUP on our end. Our FUP is available on our website too. It says what I’ve written above.

Just like @cavedog I’m interested to know who sees 2TB as a lot...
2TB might seem a lot to some but moving data to a from a google drive with unlimited storage 2TB seem like nothing.

I get why ISPs moan about p2p. I see the SA peers on a 350gb international torrent.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
2TB might seem a lot to some but moving data to a from a google drive with unlimited storage 2TB seem like nothing.

I get why ISPs moan about p2p. I see the SA peers on a 350gb international torrent.
Fair enough. But that’s an average of about 6 Mbps of constant traffic.

There is a danger with P2P because it’s inherently taxing on a network- which is why ISPs are weary of It, but in moderation it’s fairly innocuous. Especially when local peers pop up.

What must be said is that there are very real costs per gbps, be it international transit or buying traffic back from our clients at an FNO level (Openserve IPC is not the only culprit, only the most expensive). The goal of a reliable and fast broadband network is to balance this to give every client the best possible experience.

Sopbeen

I don't get why they would care at all? What does this matter? Whether I use 1mb or 1TB to seed whatever I want? When I paid for UNLIMITED usage at a certain speed, then what I use that bandwidth on is absolutely none of the ISP's business. Whether they "like" it or not.

abudabi

Expert Member
Woop woop! I've joined the GigSquad

1561921128204.png

Just using wireless for now .. getting my cabling sorted out still.

Thank you @websquadza for managing a seamless cutover!!!!