Web Squad ISP

sand_man

Honorary Master
Mmmmm... they recently had a major server upgrade. Surprised to see them having issues. I would say take it up with support, but that would be an exercise in futility.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'd give Alldebrid a spin, but would you know it? I just renewed my RD subscription this morning!! Timing in life is everything!! :p

Cowboy619

Any news on your investigation into packet loss ?
We've been chatting for the past few days. Seems I get packet loss on all accounts PS4. PC and Mobile. CPT is getting a network upgrade via AWS which will reduce the latency and hopefully solve our issue. You still getting loss in Fortnite

SFW007

Expert Member
We've been chatting for the past few days. Seems I get packet loss on all accounts PS4. PC and Mobile. CPT is getting a network upgrade via AWS which will reduce the latency and hopefully solve our issue. You still getting loss in Fortnite

yes got up to 5% day before

Hingisp

Can some folks here with the 1000 1gbps line please run the speed test for local and international?

SFW007

Expert Member
Have you got Fortnite on any other device? PC or mobile. I get packet loss on all devices. PC, Mobile and PS4
Only ps at the moment, ping hovering @180 this is high to me even when watching streams of cpt streamers their providers are hitting 150 to 160

DarkSt0rm

Cape Town will be lower than JHB due to it being closer to exchange routes. That said, however, I've also seen slightly higher pings during peak hours than off peak. Off peak I'm seeing around 165 to 170, on peak I'm seeing 180+ in other games with quite frequent spikes to 200ms for a second or two (Rust, Apex, Arma, LoL)

websquadza

WebSquad
Can some folks here with the 1000 1gbps line please run the speed test for local and international?

Looking at your results, something seems off. Can you run a test to the Vumatel handover? Support will be in contact.

websquadza

WebSquad
Same here bud I played till 0230 this morning and was averaging 170 180

As mentioned by @Cowboy619 we're making some changes to the way we connect to AWS in this regard. We peer in both JHB and CPT and they are sending all traffic to JHB, including traffic for CPT. We've tested all our routes and seeing 0% loss throughout. If we drop peering in JHB, they send all traffic via transit, they refuse to send anything to CPT (Hence the higher latency). Their NOC is taking forever to reply to any requests, we're 3 tickets down and no response (It took almost 6 months to get their NOC to finalise peering, they're extremely slow). In the meanwhile, we're installing a Direct Connect in CPT (Authorisation for this took about 1 week and install will probably only be complete by Friday). I'm hoping they prefer the Direct Connect as an inbound route to our network going forward, which will drop your latency.

To confirm, from both your MTR results, there is 0% packet loss. This leads me to thinking we're getting some sort of packet fragmentation that the game is picking up on and struggling to work with. Unless I receive PCAPs from you as requested, I can't confirm this (@Cowboy619, thanks for yours).