What is IS doing?

cableguy said:
If that is true, then why am I having no problems at all in Durban?

My downloads are maxing out my line.

But people in Cape Town are having problems.

Obviously it is a Telkom problem.


For interest sakes, it's very possible that it could be area based...

daysleeper said:
1.) the network seems to be getting slower and slower.
2.) they now capped at 30GB because of too many users (like chuck norris)
3.) they even stopped signing people up during the IPC issue
4.) they put up big boards at airport to attract custom, when there international bandwidth stays exatly the same.
5.) they oversell more than SAIX do because saix pings are lower.
6.) they charge less than saix isp because their contention is higher

1) Their network is allot smaller - they have to pay for it, unlike Telkom
5) SAIX has more capacity. Why, because they get it free?
6) I'm sure they charge less to try and attract more users. How more users, how easier to upgrade

Just a few thoughts. But yes.. I also (and have been for years) think IS sucks.
 
I'm capped international on IS, but my international is still moving at top speed :D If the rest of the month goes like this, I wouldn't have minded the one day of downtime I had.
 
look, I really like IS, its has given us bandwidth that we would not be able to otherwise afford!

however you'd notice that during business hours, browsing is slow.

but as you say, It might not be an IS area, but an area issue. Like here in Cape Town, saix is much much faster, i don't only mean pings and browsing but the graph in windows task manager is superflat when you download. whereas on IS the graph is up and down.
 
cableguy said:
I totally agree with you!

At least IS tries to make a difference by giving 30gbs of local after cap.

This is all Telkoms fault!

Why are some users experiencing no problems and others major problems. Its a Telkom issue!

I am in gauteng and afaik is a few km's from cpt so its not only cpt people getting this slow poor service. But today when i drove home i did see a telkom techie parked next to a telkom box and while the box is open his been "working" on it all week he was sleeping in the telkom bakkie too bad there was to many traffic otherwise i would have stopped next to him and hooted :p
 
DigitalSoldier said:
I am in gauteng and afaik is a few km's from cpt so its not only cpt people getting this slow poor service. But today when i drove home i did see a telkom techie parked next to a telkom box and while the box is open his been "working" on it all week he was sleeping in the telkom bakkie too bad there was to many traffic otherwise i would have stopped next to him and hooted :p

Funny how one notices the telkom buckies when u got dsl probs.
BTW my line has been crap since sunday (almost a week)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X