Whatsapp

Ajaysomla

Hi

I've got a peculiar problem.

I'm on cybersmart as my ISP.

On my Iphone, my whatsapp does not connect at all during peak hours. It works during off peak a bit better, but still experience connection issues at all times. I can browse the net and virtually use any app anytime.

Called cybersmart to get my port reset, this seemed to work for a short while but reverted back to the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas as to what can be the problem?

I have updated iPhone, reset router, deleted and installed whatsapp.

Whatsapp works fine on my network with any other phone, it just seems to be my iPhone?

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
what-is-this-i-dont-even-thumb.jpg

Anyone have any ideas as to what can be the problem?

>>On my Iphone, my whatsapp does not connect at all during peak hours.

Possibly a iphone or whatsapp issue

>>It works during off peak a bit better

Possibly a ISP or Telkom exchange issue

>>port reset, this seemed to work for a short while but reverted back to the same issue.

Possibly a Telkom issue

>>Whatsapp works fine on my network with any other phone

Possibly a phone issue

So in summary...there is no way in hell anyone here can make heads or tails out of what you posted....its just one huge mess of conflicting info. The good news is that I've got a plan of action for you here...forget the cellphone and use a computer to evaluate it...that way you can narrow it down to ISP & Telkom/line i.e. the underlying communication layer. This forum is uniquely positioned to figure out which one of those is the issue...if both are clean *then* you can add iphone, whatsapp and other layers of complexity you may wish. Troubleshooting all of them at the same time is a lost cause.

saor

Honorary Master
Whatsapp works fine on my network with any other phone, it just seems to be my iPhone?
It would appear the problem lies with the phone. Don't own an iPhone so no idea why it wouldn't work tbh but it seems highly unlikely to have anything to do with your ISP.

Ajaysomla

As mentioned, everything works fine on the wifi, all apps besides whatsapp.

Whatsapp on 3G (vodacom) works 100% so can't be the app/phone...

How do I go about figuring out whether its the phone/ISP?

Sorry new here...

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
>>How do I go about figuring out whether its the phone/ISP?

As I said - you don't. You've got too many variables involved at once and have zero chance of making any progress as a result, unless you systematically eliminate potential causes. Start by making sure your line is stable and perhaps testing the ISP by temporarily replacing it with another.

it seems highly unlikely to have anything to do with your ISP.
This part indicates ISP/Telkom:
works during off peak a bit better