Your Favourite Open Source Software?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Anyone knows of an already compiled offline material colour palette tool which is also accommodative of fonts? I need something for streamlining my work flow.

deesef

Expert Member
With the new Windows 11 menu removing the groups of icons, this may be a viable alternative.

I am checking the functions in SideSlide and this seems to be a good way of grouping my many programs into a compact menu system.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
With the new Windows 11 menu removing the groups of icons, this may be a viable alternative.

I am checking the functions in SideSlide and this seems to be a good way of grouping my many programs into a compact menu system.

Thanks. I can't see anything on their site pointing to source code or license plus lots of Ads on their site. Looks like freeware rather than FLOSS but I stand to be corrected.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Anyone knows of an already compiled offline material colour palette tool which is also accommodative of fonts? I need something for streamlining my work flow.
I Googled but I expect your did that already yourself so I can't really give a recommendation.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I Googled but I expect your did that already yourself so I can't really give a recommendation.

There are mobile apps, which I do use, and the abundance of online tools and official frameworks, amongst plugins for Adobe (which I don't use any more), but nothing specifically for offline use which accommodates fonts. I am just a hassle for me, I can take hours reviewing something which is supposedly 'perfect', just want a computer program to tell me I am not crazy with these colours and visibility schemes.

wheeloftrash

Executive Member
Testing a couple of GLPI plugins in Docker Desktop on my PC this evening. Mainly FusionInventory for GLPI to see if I can use it instead of OCSInventory

View attachment 1148488

View attachment 1148490

No Tickets tonight :)
View attachment 1148496

For anyone who wants to give it a go:

docker-compose.yml

YAML:
version: "3.2"
services:
  #Mysql Container
  mysql:
    image: mysql:5.7.34
    container_name: mysql
    hostname: mysql
    volumes:
      - ./mysql:/var/lib/mysql
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=${GLPI_MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD}
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=${GLPI_MYSQL_DATABASE}
      - MYSQL_USER=${GLPI_MYSQL_USER}
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=${GLPI_MYSQL_PASSWORD}
    restart: always
    networks:
      - internal
  #GLPI Container
  glpi:
    image: diouxx/glpi
    container_name: glpi
    hostname: glpi
    ports:
      - "80:80"
    volumes:
      - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
      - ./glpi/:/var/www/html/glpi
    environment:
      - TIMEZONE=${TIMEZONE}
      - VERSION_GLPI=${VERSION_GLPI}
    restart: always
    depends_on:
      - mysql
    networks:
      - internal
      - web
networks:
  internal:
    external: false
  web:
    external:
      name: "web"

and .env

Code:
GLPI_MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=My5up3rstrongP@55w0rd
GLPI_MYSQL_DATABASE=my_glpidb
GLPI_MYSQL_USER=my_glpi_user
GPLI_MYSQL_PASSWORD=My5up3rstrongP@55w0rd2
TIMEZONE=Africa/Johannesburg
VERSION_GLPI=9.5.5
How is this working for you? Have you stopped using ocs inventory? How does fusion inventory compare to ocs inventory? I want to setup an inventory system and used glpi with ocs inventory in the past.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
How is this working for you? Have you stopped using ocs inventory? How does fusion inventory compare to ocs inventory? I want to setup an inventory system and used glpi with ocs inventory in the past.
I implemented a new GLPI for a new environment a few weeks ago and I'm planning to use FusionInventory instead of OCS but I'm still testing, Will probably start rolling out to selected devices in the production environment in the next couple of weeks. Still using OCS with GLPI in the previous environment.

I'm hoping that pulling the inventory directly into GLPI will be a little easier to manage with respect to duplicates etc than synching from a separate OCS database.