Your Favourite Open Source Software?

rrh

Expert Member
Any recommendations on a simple home accounting system would be appreciated.

I've decided to consider retiring my existing Win95-based Quicken 2000 ... :)

susefan

Any recommendations on a simple home accounting system would be appreciated.

I've decided to consider retiring my existing Win95-based Quicken 2000 ... :)
kmymoney serves me well. Gnucash us my favourite but at times it wont fetch currency exchange rates online.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Meta-System - a "System for making Systems"

Google recommended to me in an article entitled 'How a single JSON file could become your entire code base"

That is so Meta. Anyone know something that does this only with YAML?

InvisibleJim

Expert Member

ponder

Honorary Master
Are there any good open source VPN's which actually work? I only need to use a VPN once in every blue moon so it's not worth subscribing to. I used to just use different free trials before but I see that most require you to enter your credit card details now.

Dunno about opensource but windscribe did not require card details and you can get 20GB, there's also protonvpn with restrictions for torrenting.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Thanks again. I've added these.

You turn up some good stuff that I wouldn't normally think of so it's great to see so much stuff from someone else's interests and perspective.

Do you have any tips on unusual places to find open source software? As well as the usual suspects and web searches I find a lot of stuff browsing places like Bitnami, linuxserver.io and the various cloud provider app market places, Docker hub etc.