Your Favourite Open Source Software?

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Apologies. I forgot to add these before. Have done so now.

I'm frustrated with the Jami website though that they can't make a clear statement on the homepage that says WTF Jami is. Failure to communicate about their communication product. Ironic :cool: No docs either but it does look like a fairly new project so we'll let them off that one for now.

I've tested Jitsi and Nextcloud Talk before and they worked pretty well-I was pretty impressed with Nextcloud Talk that it took about 5 minutes to get set up on my Nextcloud server and worked straight out of the box. Some great projects out there but I'm not sure they will get much traction versus Zoom, Teams and Google Meet.

oldhat

Executive Member
Apologies. I forgot to add these before. Have done so now.

I'm frustrated with the Jami website though that they can't make a clear statement on the homepage that says WTF Jami is. Failure to communicate about their communication product. Ironic :cool: No docs either but it does look like a fairly new project so we'll let them off that one for now.

I've tested Jitsi and Nextcloud Talk before and they worked pretty well-I was pretty impressed with Nextcloud Talk that it took about 5 minutes to get set up on my Nextcloud server and worked straight out of the box. Some great projects out there but I'm not sure they will get much traction versus Zoom, Teams and Google Meet.
Agreed, Jami website is quite frustrating.