Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MacBook/MacBook Pro update

Super Grandmaster

Default MacBook/MacBook Pro update

Mostly more memory, bigger disc, and slight CPU upgrades. MBP gets the MBA's multi-touch trackpad too:

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
    http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Blog Entries

does the macbooks get a video memory update ?

Grandmaster

What difference does .2 Ghz mean to me? Like would I notice it? Not that I have the cash to upgrade anyway...but it's always a thought.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bam-bam View Post
    does the macbooks get a video memory update ?
    Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory4

Nope!

Cool. Will be grabbing a Macbook in a few weeks. Just the update I was looking for. Not too much... Not too little.

Think the 2.4 is the option for me.
    GPSTravelMaps

I rarely visit you guys these days...

I've been waiting for my MBP now for almost 3 weeks.... ARGGH!!

I was told yesterday that the new model has been released. But honestly for R2500 more, I think I will be more than happy with my 2.4Ghz CPU

And if I'm not mistaken, I think the current MBP already comes with the MultiTouch Trackpad?? no?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by broken1 View Post
    What difference does .2 Ghz mean to me? Like would I notice it? Not that I have the cash to upgrade anyway...but it's always a thought.
    Your DVD will rip 1 minute faster. Other than that, no.

For me the biggest postivie in the current release is that since it is probably the last instance of the current body design, it means that in all likelyhood, it will be the most realiable apple laptop you could buy for the next couple of years.

That is what is making me consider getting the new one, rather than waiting for the likely new body design which should come out around october.

And if they do deside to go "multitouch innovating crazy", the new one should have the hardware to do it.

Super Grandmaster

I'm not convinced about the body maturing argument. I have the as-of-today one generation old MacBook (bought in November), and the edge of the top surface, right under my right palm, as already cracked. Might just be me (I'm clumsy and heavy handed at the best of times) but I didn't expect this. Fortunately it's still under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by koffiejunkie View Post
    I'm not convinced about the body maturing argument. I have the as-of-today one generation old MacBook (bought in November), and the edge of the top surface, right under my right palm, as already cracked. Might just be me (I'm clumsy and heavy handed at the best of times) but I didn't expect this. Fortunately it's still under warranty.
    Improvements are made during each update. With that logic, the final version of a particular body design would generally be the most reliable.

All im saying is the new body which will come in october in all likelyhood will have teething problems since it will be a rev 1 build.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by jak3 View Post
    Improvements are made during each update. With that logic, the final version of a particular body design would generally be the most reliable.
    Or they will have found every cheaper ways to make it thus reducing reliability?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by koffiejunkie View Post
    Strange. I bought mine at the beginning of december, no problems this side. I spent about 10 hours a day on my Macbook.

The only issue I've got is the white gets dirty, but I just wipe it clean every so often.

On the topic of new body design, I will probably buy a new MBP in the future, once the new body has been perfected! Sad to have the old Macbook now :-(

Quote Originally Posted by broken1 View Post
    Strange. I bought mine at the beginning of december, no problems this side. I spent about 10 hours a day on my Macbook.

The only issue I've got is the white gets dirty, but I just wipe it clean every so often.

On the topic of new body design, I will probably buy a new MBP in the future, once the new body has been perfected! Sad to have the old Macbook now :-(
    If you know anyone from the states ask them to send you some Magic Erasers - they should take that discolouration right off.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

do you think that the local shops (istore, dion-wired) will have these new macbooks in stock, planning to grab one within the next week?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by joshuawittstock View Post
    do you think that the local shops (istore, dion-wired) will have these new macbooks in stock, planning to grab one within the next week?
    Doubt it. Not yet anyway...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast