Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Auto-locking the Yaris T3 Hatch boot

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Question Auto-locking the Yaris T3 Hatch boot

Heita Hola maJimbos

I have a Yari T3 Hatch, I often go to this varsity and every time you leave the premises they have to search your boot. Now, these guys (Security Personnel) always leave my boot unlocked after opening it and I have to get out and do it myself which really really annoys the heck out of me!

I was just wondering if this car can actually auto-lock/unlock the boot? I have tried so many times but I just cant get it.

Anyone who owns a similar car or just clued up enough to know about this thing, thanks.
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

Super Grandmaster

My girlfriend drives one. I haven't noticed anything like that yet...will ask her if she knows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelly View Post
    Heita Hola maJimbos

I have a Yari T3 Hatch, I often go to this varsity and every time you leave the premises they have to search your boot. Now, these guys (Security Personnel) always leave my boot unlocked after opening it and I have to get out and do it myself which really really annoys the heck out of me!

I was just wondering if this car can actually auto-lock/unlock the boot? I have tried so many times but I just cant get it.

Anyone who owns a similar car or just clued up enough to know about this thing, thanks.
    You can't autolock the boot on hatch back, it's not connected to the lock control system of the front doors. You have to do it manually. Had a similar issue trying to install Netstar Tracker and central locking on my corsa lite.

I also suggest that you check the boot together with the security guard, if he miraculously pulls out a bag of 5kg of Weed or a bag full cellphones which where stolen on campus that day out of ur boot and your not with him there 'cause you lazing around in the car, you might be in deep ***, his word against yours. Especially at UJ APK.

LOCK IT MANUALLY. IT TOOK ME ABOUT A MONTH TO LEARN THIS HABIT

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Ya, understand that, just that sometimes you just wanna press a button and unlock it - have the guy open and check then he closes and off you guy.

I suppose I'm stuck to the manual thinging then.
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

I'm pretty sure my RunX does it ...

I'll check and post later

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

My golf locks the boot when I start the engine. Try arming the alarm when you're in the car once he's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I'm pretty sure my RunX does it ...

I'll check and post later
    my runx had two locking settings with the boot: lock always and lock according to the central locking. mine was always on the latter setting, but it sounds like the yaris boot cannot be linked to the centrasl locking

My runX locks/unlocks with central locking ...

imajin : out of interest, how did you select between both options?

my gf's friend has a yaris and she just confirmed that the boot is not linked to the central locking so yeah, it has to be manually locked and unlocked, which is a pretty dumb move from toyota

@dolby, iirc when i left the key hole on the boot in a horizontal position it was linked to the central locking, and if i left it vertical then it was always locked. i could just be confusing it for another car tho