Thanks for putting up this website! A few questions:
1. In the previous posts capped ADSL speeds are often compared to the max dial-up speed (56kb/s or 7kB/s). Is anyone, using dial-up, ever getting anything near 7kB per second? I can't think of ever getting anything more than 5kB/s and that was off-peak. Peak is usually closer to 2kB/s.
2. Has anyone tried out wireless internet? I've phoned some Wireless ISP's and they guarantee that Telkom cannot prosecute the wireless subscribers, only the ISP, and that this is highly unlikely because it seems to be a legal grey area. Wireless "seems" to be a viable alternative to ADSL:
- 24/7 connection
- Low contention ratios
- No cap
- Lower monthly costs
- ISP's 'seem' to have more control over connection
- Lower connection speeds than ADSL
- Limited availability (but improving)
- Line of sight
- Non-guaranteed bandwidth (as in the case of ADSL)
Any thoughts on this?