Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How Clever are Telkom?

Default How Clever are Telkom?

I Live in Craighall like right next to sandton and Hyde Park, most of you should know these are quite rich areas. from the time the adsl website apeared i checked that my line was compatible to get adsl.i was so pleased!. next thing august arrives i order on the day. 2 weeks later i get a call, "you failed comformance testing." i was like ok what does that mean, "You live 5.1km from your exchange and u need to be within 5km" so i said but 100 metres is nothing i dont care if i dont get a perfect 60kb d/l a second. "No sir the Regulations are in place and you werent with in the distance." may 2003 comes, COmputer faire time, nice time to speak to telkom at the adsl stand. I ask this lady, why can't i get adsl if i live in jhb's main CBD's? she replies, we did studys on all the main areas and your area didnt have enough people wanting adsl. i replied by saying when was this? and what evidence do u base this on, she says o we ran servueys - talk ****. great that was fine telkom just losing out on there biggest profit making area. i call telkom and ask them is there any possibility of me getting adsl? the lady replies, have you tested all your lines? so i got all of them tested, still no luck.. she says try again in 3 months we are expanding. 3 months later i call, no sorry you on a fibre optic and adsl is only supported on copper, your lines were upgraded awhile back and there is no hope of you getting adsl.

ok great i can't get adsl until they build a exchange outside my door. now what? i cant afford 30k a month for a 512k line. i want a fast permanent line. telkom should allow for the use of other products for internet. why the F**** do we have to go through them if they offering a service which isnt provided for everyone. ok with telephones i understand but internet. my god my cousin in canada pays $30 pm for adsl and thats like not even R100 for them. cant we do something to change telkom or atleast do something?[8)]

Hi Stained

Thanks for sharing your views.

The purpose of this site is to try and change things. I am not certain how successful we will be, but this is a start. I think Telkom is simply too used to doing what they want and riding on the fact that they have a monopoly. After all, what can you do? We have grown used to pathetic service. We will never support any business with this kind of service if we had another alternativeÖ

Regards,

RPM

RPM
    rpm@myadsl.co.za