Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having problems with DSTV sound

Question Anyone having problems with DSTV sound

Trying to watch Tennis op SS this afternoon, but very frustrating for me, I can hear the sound before the player hits the ball and the decoder freezes every hour or so, then I have to reset the thing by unplugging it from the mains, it is a MC DSD990 decoder. It has been like that for months, I play the sound through an amplifier but only have this problem on SS and Mnet channels. Your advice please tia

Blog Entries

Same here

It is often like this though.

Grandmaster

I pull the plug out on the back of my decoder so often to reboot it after it freezes (sound / picture or both) that I've worn the plug out. I had to replace the cord with a new one. Multichoice hardware leaves much to be desired.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Router View Post
    I pull the plug out on the back of my decoder so often to reboot it after it freezes (sound / picture or both) that I've worn the plug out. I had to replace the cord with a new one. Multichoice hardware leaves much to be desired.
    Same here. And I have swapped out the decoder and smartcard and that has made no difference.

Been having the same issue for yonks.

Missed 45% Saturday Euro champs, all other channels were OK. Conspiracy me thinks. Took Decoder into No Choice, recommender I get new dish??

Lost Sky news and a hand full of other channels, back to no choice = get new dish. Fiddled with settings and all channels now back???

We need an competition now

Unhappy

Maybe I should get a PVR, think it will help?
    I think MC is a complete rip off but it is the only way to watch decent sport in this country

Grandmaster

I think it's all the interactive content which streams along with all the channels - the hardware just can't cope with it. Like asking a pentium 1 with 32Mb of ram to run vista. And multichoice spec their hardware to the cheapest minimum so that it just barely scrapes by on it's backside to run the software...

I think it's all the interactive content which streams along with all the channels - the hardware just can't cope with it. Like asking a pentium 1 with 32Mb of ram to run vista. And multichoice spec their hardware to the cheapest minimum so that it just barely scrapes by on it's backside to run the software...
    Make sense that, wish we could use a generic hardware set up, would help a lot Just like PC we could spec to our budget

Blog Entries

Same here. There is a simpler way to fix though. I just pull Smart Card out and push it back in.
    List of Websites you can Access with Local Cap - locallist.co.za
    Help Us Expand the Local Internet - Learn How

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by koos View Post
    Maybe I should get a PVR, think it will help?
    I think MC is a complete rip off but it is the only way to watch decent sport in this country
    Indeed. I have not heard many complaints from people with PVRs. Wouldn't surprise me if the most expensive piece of kit was the only one tha actually worked either

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJ View Post
    Indeed. I have not heard many complaints from people with PVRs. Wouldn't surprise me if the most expensive piece of kit was the only one tha actually worked either
    If you can endure the whine from the hard drive in the thing - haven't yet opened up my in-laws' pvr to check what brand the HDD is - must be a cheapie though I reckon.

you can upgrade the HDD if you want. Put in a bigger drive for more recordings. It is a bit noisy though.

Blog Entries

If you can endure the whine from the hard drive in the thing - haven't yet opened up my in-laws' pvr to check what brand the HDD is - must be a cheapie though I reckon.
    Nice

Grandmaster

Sometimes when I change to a channel, it doesn't have sound... I have to push P+ then P- again (quickly change channels) to get the sound back... strange.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmcc View Post
    you can upgrade the HDD if you want. Put in a bigger drive for more recordings. It is a bit noisy though.
    IDE or SATA?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast