Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox360 Discussion/News Thread.

Super Grandmaster

And some news on "stoked" - 360 exclusive Snowboarding game:
    http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57962

Developed in conjunction with world-renowned snowboarding movie creator Absinthe Films, Stoked captures the pioneering spirit of professional back country riders. Exhilarating snowboarding experiences are born from dynamic backcountry conditions. The riders who brave and master these conditions are the stuff of legend in Absinthe videos and the pages of snowboarding magazines. The look and style of these riders are emulated across the world. In Stoked, it’s your turn to become a legendary rider and wow the world on Xbox Live online entertainment network by becoming an absolute snowboarding phenomenon.

In Stoked, craft a snowboarding career with your own customizable style and ride five famous mountains featuring over 45 square miles of open terrain in each location. Discover new drop points by helicopter. Dynamic and ever-evolving weather conditions await riders as they choose where they ride and what they ride in by tracking conditions that suit their tastes.

Riders get instant drop in access to multiplayer action where they team up with friends to create a wide variety of riding experiences, both cooperative and competitive. Players can also go up against other riders on Xbox Live in a series of sponsored events to boost their fame!

“Thanks to the input from the gaming and snowboarding communities about what they would want in a video game, Stoked has really captured the wide-open thrill of backcountry snowboarding,” said Paul Rinde, CEO of Destineer. “We set out to create an authentic snowboard video game experience and Stoked is primed to deliver just that in January 2009.”

Own trick spots, show up rivals, and build your reputation. Take pictures of friends and capture video of your best moves to win the kind of attention that lands you on the cover of a snowboarding magazine. Conquer massive mountains and carve your path as a snowboarding phenomenon in the deepest, truest backcountry snowboarding video game yet: Stoked.

Key Features:

* Five Gigantic Real-World Mountains: Leave worn-out resorts behind and travel the world in search of the ultimate back country location. Explore five world-renowned summits. Discover new drop points by helicopter, bail out and experience more than 45 square-miles of open terrain on each peak.
    * Dynamic Weather and Environments: Every day the snow and weather conditions change on each of the mountains featured in the game thanks to a dynamic weather and time of day system. Snow accumulates on mountain surfaces, changing the riding experience, opening new paths, and building new trickable features and challenges. Different weather conditions offer different experiences and riding challenges. Choose where, when, and in what conditions you’d like to ride!
    * Seamless Multiplayer: Invite your friends to ride with you in instant drop-in multiplayer! While riding together you can select custom helicopter drop points, create competitive or cooperative challenges, or call out tricks for members of your posse to pull off as you snap their photos. When you’re ready to get serious, go up against other boarders on Xbox LIVE in sponsored events to build your fame.
    * Style Crafting: As you develop your style, the animation system will adapt to how you play, and the other riders on the mountain will emulate your moves! But doing tricks isn’t the only way to convey a sense of style. Thirty of the industry’s top gear manufacturers, clothing brands, and international magazines have joined forces with Destineer and Absinthe to help you build your career. As your legend grows so will your stylistic choices.
    * Real Riders, Real Pros, Real Sponsors: Stoked features some of the most influential professional riders and names in the sport: Travis Rice, Nicolas Mueller, Wolle Nyvelt, Annie Boulanger, Romain de Marchi, Tadashi Fuse, Gigi Ruef, and Bjorn Leines. An impressive line up of 30 authentic sponsors also appear in Stoked including but not limited to: Burton, Dragon, Arcus, Von Zipper, Eleven, 686, Billabong, DaKine, Electric, LibTech, Nitro, Northwave, Oakley, Quiksilver, Ride, Hart, Rome, Salomon, TechNine, Vans, Volcom, Anon, Nikita, Raiden, Red, Roxy, Sodalicious and VonZipper!

Stoked is scheduled for release on January 20, 2009.
    Here's holding thumbs it's better than the rather disappointing Shaun White.
    New and completely unimproved!
    doobi's Evil Genius

sounds like a good game for Live! I shall rent it just to kick yo asses
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

If its got some big air, and is similair to the old SSX style, then its a definite purchase for me.
    Roger , Thanks , Cheers.....

Where do you guys buy your games at reasonable prices? I was shocked to hear that my son paid R700 for Farcry 2...surely there must be places that charge less than that for a game?
    www.lionsworld.co.za/forum for Lions rugby chat
    @waltwjl for LionsWorld on twitter
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/LionsWorld/166157158352 for LionsWorld on FB

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    sounds like a good game for Live! I shall rent it just to kick yo asses
    Slacker, get LIVE already
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    And then there will be zero players!! DOOMED!!!!
    IQ-Test

hey sieve-memory man ......
    - Die Toten König -

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by walterl View Post
    Where do you guys buy your games at reasonable prices? I was shocked to hear that my son paid R700 for Farcry 2...surely there must be places that charge less than that for a game?
    The cheapest place is usually Kalahari.NET - they offer good discounts and free delivery. It's basically MWeb, so there's a solid company behind it if you have issues. Alternatively BTGames.co.za (you can collect instore, and they offer preplayed/used games), Zaps and Take2 offer decent prices as well.

Prices are totally insane at the moment though, unfortunately it's the effect of the 10.5 R/$ exchange rate.
    New and completely unimproved!
    doobi's Evil Genius

Blog Entries

Stickified! Now on to business!
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Spam
    Blog Entries

/me looks at the anti-bashing defences

Nice!
    Really?

hey sieve-memory man ......
    -.-

excuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    And then there will be zero players!! DOOMED!!!!
    IQ-Test

excuse no ..... have to wait for delivery of HDD and Live account first old chap
    - Die Toten König -

Spam
    Blog Entries

excuse no ..... have to wait for delivery of HDD and Live account first old chap
    god that will be the day...
    Hopefully you can get the GT you want...
    Last thing you want is TBGIM (tea bag is me) to be the only available GT.
    Really?

I'm sure mah GT will be available

+- 3 weeks to go for delivery ...... hurry the hell up man
    - Die Toten König -

It pays to register on live early...
    SCubed: Human Capital Management

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbearer
    To google metal lyrics is not metal. They have to come straight from the heart.
    UPFRONT DISCLAIMER © 2009 FarligOpptreden

the weird shyte nicks I have on standby will suffice I'm sure ..... I write songs and poetry, so wacky is the nick I could use if this one is taken.
    - Die Toten König -

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast