Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 As Primary OS?

Default Windows 7 As Primary OS?

Does anybody use this as their main operating system i.e. installing all their programs (outlook, games, etc.) and using it everyday?

Is it feasable at this stage of development, or should one wait until it is officially released?
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

Compatibility-wise you are still gonna have some problems, but otherwise it's a very good main OS. I would know, as it was mine until games started rejecting it.

I've been using my as my main OS, haven't had any compatibility issues and games seem to run the same or better than in my XP

Quote Originally Posted by S1ght View Post
    I've been using my as my main OS, haven't had any compatibility issues and games seem to run the same or better than in my XP
    That's the thing, Vista is better than XP and I am using Vista, so from Vista to Win 7 there is a loss in compatibility. From XP there is a helluva improvement.

Blog Entries

I have had a few problems with games not supporting it and have some undesirable effects on my games because of this. I now Dual boot with Windows 7 as my primary OS and XP as a backup just in case I need it. My guesses is that as the Release Candidate of Windows 7 comes out, so will compatibility patches for games to run on the OS.

I think one of the reasons for MS not allowing the public to download Windows 7 any more is because it is already so stable the it can be used a "main" OS.

BTW, where can I get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by DeFunct View Post
    That's the thing, Vista is better than XP and I am using Vista, so from Vista to Win 7 there is a loss in compatibility. From XP there is a helluva improvement.

This is total rubbish.

apart from punkbuster not working and a few games windows 7 does everything vista does 100x better.

windows 7 you can easily run as your main OS and there is nothing i cannot run on it, works amazingly well and is just a pleasure to run. actually going from xp to windows 7 will prove more of a problem than vista to windows 7. Windows 7 also runs so much faster than vista.

Blog Entries

I tried going from Vista to Windows 7 and it forced me to install SP1 and then gave me a host of problems because of the way Vista is and now M$ say that users SHOULDN'T skip out Vista and are basically saying that we should upgrade to Vista THEN Windows 7 which is a load of hot air. (And another way for them to make more money our of us poor users)

As for acquiring a copy of Windows 7 Beta, you can ask someone to send it to you. I haven't seen my Windows 7 disks in ages because all my friends keep stealing them to install it for themselves.

Why don't they just copy it?

Upgrading an os is never recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by sitnet View Post
    I think one of the reasons for MS not allowing the public to download Windows 7 any more is because it is already so stable the it can be used a "main" OS.

BTW, where can I get it now?
    Nonsense man.... they are just giving us a taste of W7 for now... remember that the beta versions stop functioning completely in August of this year, so they won't lose any money anyway.
    R u n n i n g . W i n d o w s ? . . . U p g r a d e . t o . L i n u x
    TEXO Hosting

This Froot is no longer available.....

Ok cool cause I have it dualbooted with Vista now...

What about when the full comes out? Will I just have to reformat and start again?
    domaincheap.co.za
    Only one of these adds to your value as a human being: Consuming things other people have made or making your own.
    link

I use Win7 as my primary OS Have since the Beta release. Small issues here and there, but mostly it's sorted.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|I <3 Loot|

Grandmaster

Its better in many ways and more compatible too Dungeon Keeper 2 didnt work on XP since Windows 98 for me, but it works perfectly on Windows 7
    Mechrevo X5 - i7-4700QM/GTX860M/8gig DDR1600L/64G SSD Liteon + 1TB 7200/15.6" 1080P LED/ - game the budget way, on the road~

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DeFunct View Post
    Vista is better than XP and I am using Vista

omg, WTF HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING?????
    [i7 920 D0 | Rampage II Extreme | 12GB Team Xtreem 2000MHz | 9TB | Odin GT 800w | GTX480 | Antec 1200 | T260 | KrK VXT6 | RME BabyFace |Snow Leopard]

Quote Originally Posted by Nameite View Post
    Its better in many ways and more compatible too Dungeon Keeper 2 didnt work on XP since Windows 98 for me, but it works perfectly on Windows 7
    OH SWEET!

*switches to 7*

...Just worried about having to format when it actually comes out...
    domaincheap.co.za
    link

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast