I just got my Billion 5100SM ADSL modem, but I’m having trouble configuring it...
The modem connects me to the Internet correctly, but I cannot get it to serve DHCP addresses, nor can I get it’s configiration webpage to open. I’ve tried to Reset the device at the back by holding it in for > 10 seconds, but this made no difference.
These are the steps I took when I installed it:
1) Plugged in all of the cables as instructed. The lights go on appropriately.
2) Configure the Windows Server 2003 PC to “Obtain IP address automatically”
3) I type in “IPCONFIG /Renew” in a CMD prompt. – After 1 min it reports that it cannot find an address.
4) Finally I provide a static IP address: 192.168.1.200
5) The connection is successful and I can dial out on the ADSL and connect, browser etc.
6) Question: Why doesn’t DHCP work?
7) I try to open its config webpage as told in the manual : http://192.168.1.254, but after 30s I get the message “Page cannot be displayed”. (Although Pinging this IP is successful)
8) Question: How do I get to the configuration web page?
Any help would be appreciated!!