Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: Differences between Macs and PCs

Could we have this moved to the Mac section? Unless this is hardware-related of course (haven't watched the video yet).

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by hj2k_x View Post
    Ah, this old chestnut again.
    Well I did not want to start a fight, I just showed a cool Ehow video with an older guy about the basic differences between Macs and PCs for non-tech savvy users.

Do watch the 'How to Choose the best Laptop' video from the same guy - you'll see that he has no pro-Mac bias there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZY1WBq9m2c&feature=channel[/ame]
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

Mac OS, an OS that offers "Wild Cat Named" Service Packs with a price tag... .

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by The_Techie View Post
    Could we have this moved to the Mac section? Unless this is hardware-related of course (haven't watched the video yet).
    It compares PCs with Macs, why should it be in the Mac section?
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DJNgoma View Post
    Mac OS, an OS that offers "Animal Named" Service Packs with a price tag... .
    As opposed to numbers - Vista and Win 7 as a service pack for it. What's the internal name for 7 and what did Ballmer call 7? A better Windows Vista? Those very words? Pot calling the kettle ... ? You say the Snow Leopard service pack costs R327 but the Win 7 service pack costs R3000-3500??? LOL
    Last edited by PeterCH; 27-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCH View Post
    It compares PCs with Macs, why should it be in the Mac section?
    Does it compare the hardware of a Mac with the hardware of a PC? Or does it compare using a Mac to using a PC, which is much more software-orientated and better suited to the Mac or Software subforums?

I don't really have enough cap to watch a YouTube video at this stage

EDIT: The thread in the Mac section with the third highest amount of replies is Mac vs PC, the fifth PC VS Mac, the sixth MAC or PC? so where do you think it should be?
    Last edited by The_Techie; 27-09-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Well I did not want to start a fight, I just showed a cool Ehow video with an older guy about the basic differences between Macs and PCs for non-tech savvy users.

Do watch the 'How to Choose the best Laptop' video from the same guy - you'll see that he has no pro-Mac bias there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZY1W...eature=channel
    I just watched the vid (took a while to load on my humble 384k).

I found it offensive. But typically predictable Mac fanboi style lies and spin.

MAC really need to get over their inferiority complex. If they are so very awesome, why do they still have such a tiny market share?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by The_Techie View Post
    Does it compare the hardware of a Mac with the hardware of a PC? Or does it compare using a Mac to using a PC, which is much more software-orientated and better suited to the Mac or Software subforums?

I don't really have enough cap to watch a YouTube video at this stage

EDIT: The thread in the Mac section with the third highest amount of replies is Mac vs PC, the fifth PC VS Mac, the sixth MAC or PC? so where do you think it should be?
    This video is for non-technical savvy users. It explains for very basic users - first time computer buyers or upgraders the differences between Macs and Pcs and isn't meant to be a battleground for fanboys. PC buyers who don't know about Macs may see this video here and watch it - whereas if they were already had made up their mind to buy a more niche product they wouldn't need to watch this video. Also many of our tech savvy PC users like yourself can watch this video to be able to recommend to their clients in simple terms the benefits of Mac vs PC - for the non-tech savvy user.

Again this is not a debate between which system is better but a way to explain to clients the benefits of both types of personal computer systems - both are personal computers (the Mac is not a mainframe or a supercomputer) and a way for noob users to see what's available without going into the Mac subsection. This pertains to both Mac and PC users in other words.

Super Grandmaster

I just watched the vid (took a while to load on my humble 384k).

I found it offensive. But typically predictable Mac fanboi style lies and spin.

MAC really need to get over their inferiority complex. If they are so very awesome, why do they still have such a tiny market share?
    Why are you offended? Did you design Windows?

Blog Entries

This video is for non-technical savvy users. It explains for very basic users - first time computer buyers or upgraders the differences between Macs and Pcs and isn't meant to be a battleground for fanboys. PC buyers who don't know about Macs may see this video here and watch it - whereas if they were already had made up their mind to buy a more niche product they wouldn't need to watch this video. Also many of our tech savvy PC users like yourself can watch this video to be able to recommend to their clients in simple terms the benefits of Mac vs PC - for the non-tech savvy user.

Again this is not a debate between which system is better but a way to explain to clients the benefits of both types of personal computer systems - both are personal computers (the Mac is not a mainframe or a supercomputer) and a way for noob users to see what's available without going into the Mac subsection. This pertains to both Mac and PC users in other words.
    I don't think it is a good representation of that at all - for tech savvy users or otherwise.

It just isn't any good.

Blog Entries

Why are you offended? Did you design Windows?
    Fanbois irritate me, so do biased videos being proclaimed to be something which they are not.

Fair enough.

Super Grandmaster

I don't think it is a good representation of that at all - for tech savvy users or otherwise.

It just isn't any good.
    Fine, but it's one tool you can use to show to your clients and explain to them which OS/hardware combo is better for them. If they think they can handle AV softs then Win is for them, if they aren't capable - Mac is for them (I simplified).

Blog Entries

Fine, but it's one tool you can use to show to your clients and explain to them which OS/hardware combo is better for them. If they think they can handle AV softs then Win is for them, if they aren't capable - Mac is for them (I simplified).
    I certainly wouldn't use that video to do that, though.

Super Grandmaster

I certainly wouldn't use that video to do that, though.
    It's got a very credible looking older guy. It's no punk (like Justin Long) there like in the Mac vs PC ads.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast