Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Outlook Web Access

Default Outlook Web Access

Ello

Need help, I can access owa from within the lan fine, but when I try to access from the outside it refuses the connection.

I have tested with the ISP, they can telnet through port 25 fine, but as soon as they try https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/owa (port 443) the connection is closed and all ports are closed as well then.

So they can't telnet to port 25 and I have to restart network card.

What could be the problem?

The network card? I am just guessing here
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry.
    If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slog View Post
    Be careful marine is one of the big boys around here.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    The network card? I am just guessing here
    Huh? No man I just have to restart the network cards to be able to telnet on port 25 again.

By the way this is not going through a firewall, straight from the leased line ( well the aim is to move over from the uncapped ADSL line to the leased line).

No firewall you say? What's your IP address?

Well the fact that just trying to https in crashes port 25 (SMTP) means you gotas issues. First why no firewall? Is this a SBS installation or stand alone? Is IIS correctly configured? Is the default gateway of the Exchange machine the actual router for internet access? How is port 25 being routed from your internet router to the Exchange server?
    Why yes, my one eye is bigger than the other. Thanks for pointing that out.

you're not using port 25 for OWA? its outlook-over-the-web its HTTP connection. port 25 i used for mail transport - as in server to server or client smtp to server.

Make sure your ISP has opened HTTPS Port 443. AND make sure your web-server actually knows it supports SSL, otherwise it will only listen on 80, not 443.
    Rurapente
    -------------------------------------------
    If real is what you can download, watch, upload and see, then 'real' is simply Mweb Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMailMan View Post
    No firewall you say? What's your IP address?

Well the fact that just trying to https in crashes port 25 (SMTP) means you gotas issues. First why no firewall? Is this a SBS installation or stand alone? Is IIS correctly configured? Is the default gateway of the Exchange machine the actual router for internet access? How is port 25 being routed from your internet router to the Exchange server?
    I am waiting for a new PIX, the current one is on our ADSL line and no you can't have the IP address

Quote Originally Posted by rurapente View Post
    you're not using port 25 for OWA? its outlook-over-the-web its HTTP connection. port 25 i used for mail transport - as in server to server or client smtp to server.

Make sure your ISP has opened HTTPS Port 443. AND make sure your web-server actually knows it supports SSL, otherwise it will only listen on 80, not 443.
    Yes I know port 25 is for the mails, port 80 for the owa and 443 for the https. The problem comes in when you go https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/owa (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the public IP) it closes all the connections.

But I did find something, a month or so go I had to reload IIS and obviously all the exchange virtual directories. When I started exchange console it came up with the error it found two "default site".

I deleted the previous owa virtual directories, will test and let you guys know.

I assume by the "crashing" of your network you at least have the correct external IP address. So check the DSL router. Check the firewall settings. Maybe even the logs, see what it is doing with the traffic.
    Why yes, my one eye is bigger than the other. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMailMan View Post
    I assume by the "crashing" of your network you at least have the correct external IP address. So check the DSL router. Check the firewall settings. Maybe even the logs, see what it is doing with the traffic.
    Yip I got the Public IP address. It is a leased line, so I need to phone the ISP and check for, don't have access to the router.

chances are the router is doing NAT. and its not forwarding just everything. probably not 443 either.

if you PM me your Public IP ill tell what is open on the other side.
    Rurapente
    -------------------------------------------
    If real is what you can download, watch, upload and see, then 'real' is simply Mweb Internet.

Well after some further investigations the server is not accepting any connections from port 80. I had a look at the IIS manager and see that port 80 nor 443 is not listening.

So still stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by DWPTA View Post
    Ello

Need help, I can access owa from within the lan fine, but when I try to access from the outside it refuses the connection.

I have tested with the ISP, they can telnet through port 25 fine, but as soon as they try https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/owa (port 443) the connection is closed and all ports are closed as well then.

So they can't telnet to port 25 and I have to restart network card.

What could be the problem?
    Normally its 1 of 2 things ..

1. You have'nt done port forwarding on your router for HTTPS to the exchange server

2. Your certificate has the wrong common name.Make sure the common name is your public hostname , ie mail.abccompany.co.za.

Well looks like it is more of an ISP issue than anything else in the end.