Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: E71 Pro Nokia Clone

Cool E71 Pro Nokia Clone

Hi all, I want to order a Nokia E71 clone, called the E71 Pro, from TinyDeal. PayPal offers free shipping and a 10% discount on any TinyDeal products. This is the link: E71 Pro. I want to know if it is any good and what is the features. The fact that you can watch TV on it is great, but is there any Wi-Fi or 3G? After the discount all I have to pay is R590, for what you get, that is an amazing price.

Grandmaster

To be honest I wouldn't even go there.

Firstly, I doubt you will get any sort of clear or usable TV reception. These phones that come out of China as clones are the worst quality ever. Someone I know got scammed with one, and you couldn't even hear him on a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by broken1 View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't even go there.

Firstly, I doubt you will get any sort of clear or usable TV reception. These phones that come out of China as clones are the worst quality ever. Someone I know got scammed with one, and you couldn't even hear him on a phone call.
    My home is about 200m from a TV antenna, and the YouTube videos about the phone doesn't look too bad, people say it is a pretty good clone. But I won't buy it without knowing it is OK quality, but it really doesn't need to be of amazing quality, because it costs only R590.

So what do all of you think about brand name phone clones?

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. First reason - the standby time is 1/4 of a genuine E71's. Secondly, no 3G, never mind HSDPA.

You should also ask yourself whether you'd get Nokia-level call quality and reliability with that phone. The phone operates using a random Chinese OS with broken English, so application support will also be almost non-existent. Using an E51 daily, I can also say that the Eseries are very solidly-built phones - can you say the same about the clones?

Finally, the genuine mobile phone manufacturers spend billions of Dollars every year on research and design. The manufacturers might copy some elements, but in the end their products are still identifiable as a Nokia, Samsung, etc. This is very far removed from the carbon copies churned out by the clone manufacturers.
    Last edited by dj_jyno; 25-10-2009 at 05:45 PM.

NONE of the cheap Chinese phones have 3G, and only a handful have EDGE. So you'll be stuck with GPRS speed. Also, they usually have only VGA cameras and a time limit on video recording. Save yourself the trouble, it might sound cheap, but in my opinion not worth it.

Thanks for the advice, I also had a real Nokia E51 for a while... until it was stolen. It was great, I think I'll look around a bit more.