Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: invalid sim card after restore Please help

  1. #1

    Default invalid sim card after restore Please help

    Hi guys tried to restore my iphone but it failed so i tried again but decided to
    reset all settings within the phone, took about 30min but after that the apple logo just stayed on forever!!!

    so i put it into DFU mode & restored it again successfully but ended up with this
    message

    "The sim card in this iphone does not appear to be supported"



    what do i do?
    i bought it 2nd hand & its definately local stock cos the price is still on the box from foto cats, it worked fine with my MTN sim card.
    i want it restored back to factory settings, but i dont have a turbo sim etc

    Please help im a noob

    its an Iphone 2G with 3.1.2 Firmware
    Last edited by cyberjays; 14-01-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: more info

  2. #2

    Default

    Can i just Blackrain it?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjays View Post
    what do i do?
    i bought it 2nd hand & its definately local stock cos the price is still on the box from foto cats, it worked fine with my MTN sim card.
    i want it restored back to factory settings, but i dont have a turbo sim etc

    Please help im a noob

    its an Iphone 2G with 3.1.2 Firmware
    I'm not sure the 2G was ever released in SA which I think means you need to network unlock it.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  4. #4
    Grandmaster Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    2G was NEVER released here so it has to be unlocked. Just you blacksn0w. Can get it from Cydia or the Blackra1n app if you used that to JB.
    Storage: 3.8TB OS:Win 7 X64 Phone: iPhone 4 32GB ADSL Line: 4MB
    ISP: MWEB Uncapped Usenet Server: Newsdeamon Unlimited

  5. #5

    Default

    thank you, i used black rain & its working now but how do u restore it to be un-jailbroken but unlocked? in cas i wanna sell the iphone later?

  6. #6

    Default

    It has to be jailbroken to be unlocked. But it's not a big deal - just delete Cydia and Blackrain icons on the phone and the buyer will never know.

    Or better yet just be honest say it's jailbreaked. It's really not a big deal, actually a plus in my opinion.

    If you wanna restore it to it's original state just restore Firmware via iTunes.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjays View Post
    thank you, i used black rain & its working now but how do u restore it to be un-jailbroken but unlocked? in cas i wanna sell the iphone later?
    You Jailbreak via Balckrain. Once that is done you open the blackra1n app(on phone) and ONLY install blacksn0w and NOT Cydia or Rock. Then click delete blackra1n and it will not be detectable
    Storage: 3.8TB OS:Win 7 X64 Phone: iPhone 4 32GB ADSL Line: 4MB
    ISP: MWEB Uncapped Usenet Server: Newsdeamon Unlimited

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCsToGo View Post
    You Jailbreak via Balckrain. Once that is done you open the blackra1n app(on phone) and ONLY install blacksn0w and NOT Cydia or Rock. Then click delete blackra1n and it will not be detectable
    How can i re install blackrain after deleting it without a restore , NO Cydia installed
    Last edited by 3Gee; 14-01-2010 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #9

    Default

    You can install it from a mac, probably from a pc too, via USB.

  10. #10
    Grandmaster Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3Gee View Post
    How can i re install blackrain after deleting it without a restore , NO Cydia installed
    re-do the process on a Mac or PC. You wont loose anything
    Storage: 3.8TB OS:Win 7 X64 Phone: iPhone 4 32GB ADSL Line: 4MB
    ISP: MWEB Uncapped Usenet Server: Newsdeamon Unlimited

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCsToGo View Post
    re-do the process on a Mac or PC. You wont loose anything
    that does not work , after you delete blackrain , it will not re install without a restore

  12. #12
    Grandmaster Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3Gee View Post
    that does not work , after you delete blackrain , it will not re install without a restore
    then thats what you gotta do
    Storage: 3.8TB OS:Win 7 X64 Phone: iPhone 4 32GB ADSL Line: 4MB
    ISP: MWEB Uncapped Usenet Server: Newsdeamon Unlimited

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •