Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Error Code 619 thread

Unhappy The Error Code 619 thread

Hello fellow forumoniuns ....ok here are my findings.......619 has nothing to do with firmware , card type or diconnected ports,but everything to do with the Network........I have had my personal 3G crd since day 1 and never have any seriouse problems but over the past 3 days in 1 specific area I get error 619. Everywhere else it connects and works fine....the minute I set foot in Petervale and Bryanston (eccelston cresc and herbert street to be specific) = Error 619. Happend again now.Had my lptp and my assosciates lptp in good ol Midrand connected 100%...went to a meeting in bryanston = error 619.....went to Cellc in sandton connected 100%......35 min later went to another meeting in Peterval...error 619....back in Mid connecting fine (this post is listed on said connection)....V3G?anybody? any input here? b4 i get the usual upgrade your firmware and use vrs6....I ve already done both....and like i said it works everywhereelse?? anybody had a similar experience or a fix for me?? I have meetings in that area almost daily and need my connection.pllssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss helppppppppppppppppp

Default [FONT=Arial Black]ERROR 619 Hurlingham[/FONT]

ok now its happening in hurlingham..........

Vodacom Representative

Error 619 is a basic windows RAS error, that states "Port disconnected"

In 3G-speak this means you cannot connect to the network and can't get an IP address.

Obviously a number of problems can result in this error, including low signal, interference, disconnects, dashboard problems, etc. And of course network problems.

Upgrading the firmware and dash will result in some of these causes to be resolved, but not all of them.

Liposuck2004, won't you please PM me your contact details? Your observations are invaluable to us and I'd like one of the radio engineers to have a chat to you.

Super Grandmaster

Indeed, i also think error 619 [which suggests you reboot the pc etc] is a network related error. The past 2 hours i was rebooting and removing/reinserting the datacard to get onto 3G, kept getting 619. So i decided to change profiles to GPRS only, guess what, connects first shot no prob [didnt even close the dash, simply changed profile and connected].

Smile Error 619

After successfully using the novatel 630 card the last couple of months I suddenly have a 'error 619'. I re-installed the software without any luck. I disabled the sp2 firewall but still no luck..

I tried on another pc that also worked fine but I get the same error. I read somewhere on the forum that it might be a network problem?

Any ideas?

Super Grandmaster

Well i get that error from time to time, [usually after i loose connection] . So for me it's a network thing. Incidentally i tend to get it more often between 11pm - 1am [exactly midnight my connection tends to get a bit dodgy].

In the end though i never had to re-install/reboot my system after i did get such an error. Restarting the dash/re-connecting via the biometrics tool after an hour would solve my problems , if not then next day it's fine again.
    Last edited by diabolus; 13-08-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Vodacom Representative

These actually are DUN error numbers: 619 means : "Port disconnected"

Although the description is correct, it's not very helpful, as a fair number of problems could have caused the disconnect, so we need to debug all the steps along the path to a successful connect.

On to my third day without being able to connect.. Downloaded the biometrics tool as well but it gives me a 633 error.
    I am going to reinstall vmc software again for the 5th time!
    ADSL is ****ty but anything is better that this!

Vodacom Representative

ack, a few questions:

1) The card worked fine and then started giving the 619 / 633 errors?

2) An obvious question but do you know of anything that changed on your system? Did you install a new version of the dash for example? There might be some .inf files you need to copy by hand.

3) 633 means: "The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access dialout". This can be caused by another program accessing the port or more likely by a resource clash at hardware level. Have a look at the resource manager and see if you get those yellow exclamation marks next to a resource. One solution can be to manually select a resource set.

4) If you've tried it in another machine with similar results you might have a dud card. You can always take it to a walk-in center to have it checked out.

5) Is it possible to try another SIM in the data card or the datacard sim in a phone?
    Last edited by vodacom3g; 14-08-2005 at 01:51 PM.

V3G;
    1. Card worked fine up to 3 days ago.
    2. I reinstalled VMC 5.17 from Walk in Centre CD
    3. I get '619' when using the VMC and '633' when using Biometrics. By resource manager I assume device manager? Checked and no conflicts reported.
    4. Doubt the card is dud - getting flashing blue light with 3 bars...
    5. Only have mtn sim to try?

IC;

I tried to create a new profile but still get the same results. Have not requested changes to vpn.

Is there any way to check if another program is using the same port?

Vodacom Representative

Hmm,

There is a known problem when you had a old version of the dashboard and you upgrade, specifically with Novatel. You need to manually copy the .INF files.

Have a look at this thread that describes it (last few points):

http://www.mybroadband.co.za/vb/show...33&postcount=3

Hope this is it!
    Last edited by vodacom3g; 14-08-2005 at 10:40 PM.

Hi V3G,
    I checked the cd and searched for all inf and pnf files but but mf.* is not on the cd.
    I do however have the files in my windows/inf directory.

Linux Guru

Hey ack,

Did you try the SIM in a phone, maybe your SIM has died

Laterz !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ack
    Hi V3G,
    I checked the cd and searched for all inf and pnf files but but mf.* is not on the cd.

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by ack
    Hi V3G,
    The way I remember the problem, the original files did not get removed and replaced during the upgrade. PM me an e-mail and I'll get them mailed to you.

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast