Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: MTN BIS Activation

  1. #1

    Default MTN BIS Activation

    I have upgraded one of my MTN contracts to Blackberry. I have been told by MTN that I will need to wait for a full month for BIS to be activated... Is this a normal procedure and why can't you activate BIS instantly? I would even pay an extra fee to have this done??

  2. #2

    Default

    Voda do BIS/BES immediatelly and charge u prorata for the month.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandton Area
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Just call 808 and ask for BIS to be activated. They send you a form to complete, and it take 2 - 24 hours. You have to wait till the end of the month for the "FREE" BIS to be included. If you add it now, it will charge you R60 for this month (or pro-rata) and then automatically become free next month.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken1 View Post
    Just call 808 and ask for BIS to be activated. They send you a form to complete, and it take 2 - 24 hours. You have to wait till the end of the month for the "FREE" BIS to be included. If you add it now, it will charge you R60 for this month (or pro-rata) and then automatically become free next month.
    Thanks for the help!

  5. #5

    Default

    I wouldn't bank on the automatically free next month part. To be safe cancel it on the 1st.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandton Area
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akafreakazoid View Post
    I wouldn't bank on the automatically free next month part. To be safe cancel it on the 1st.
    That would be silly, because then he would have no blackberry service.

    The way MTN bills is that you have your Anytime 350 (as an example) at R350 per month, then the promo fee of R99 (as an example), then blackberry BIS of R60 and then a blackberry service discount for R60 as the contract loaded is an Anytime 350 @ R449 per month including BIS.

    If he cancels the BIS service on the 1st as you suggest, then he would be paying R449 per month and get no blackberry service and no discount.

    How do I know? I've tried it....

    On my GF's contract, she had BIS loaded already, and when the upgrade including BIS kicked in, MTN just added the discount to make the BIS effectively free.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandton Area
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Just to note, if they don't process your upgrade properly - then the blackberry service won't be discounted. Log onto MTN active in the next billing cycle and ensure is says you have Anytime XXX @Rxxx per month including BIS.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken1 View Post
    That would be silly, because then he would have no blackberry service.

    The way MTN bills is that you have your Anytime 350 (as an example) at R350 per month, then the promo fee of R99 (as an example), then blackberry BIS of R60 and then a blackberry service discount for R60 as the contract loaded is an Anytime 350 @ R449 per month including BIS.

    If he cancels the BIS service on the 1st as you suggest, then he would be paying R449 per month and get no blackberry service and no discount.

    How do I know? I've tried it....

    On my GF's contract, she had BIS loaded already, and when the upgrade including BIS kicked in, MTN just added the discount to make the BIS effectively free.
    I'm sure this is right because the contract does state the BIS is included in the monthly fee. But if I sign the form will they charge me additional BIS to the included BIS?

  9. #9
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandton Area
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malasius View Post
    I'm sure this is right because the contract does state the BIS is included in the monthly fee. But if I sign the form will they charge me additional BIS to the included BIS?
    They shouldn't. They cannot double charge you for BIS, and if they do - then you would be able to log a query and get a refund.

    I know how it works because I have the whole familys contracts in my name, made the mistake the first time and every other time it's worked fine for me. But, I cannot be held responsible if MTN makes a mistake or does something different with you.

    If you are worried, rather wait for MTN to load the BIS automatically at the end of the month.

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Default

    Please help me to activate my bis on my anytime 100 topup contract sim card

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •