Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Supersport streaming

Default Supersport streaming

Has anyone used the live streaming on Supersport's website? How's the quality? If it's ok, I might just drop my DSTV subs and rather get an uncapped 4Mbit line. I can then watch the sports on the website using my parent's DSTV subscriber number. All the rest (movies & series) I can download anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. But if allot of us do this, they will just stop their streaming.

Super Grandmaster

And is there any other locations on the internet where one can find SuperSport streams? Or any other live sport streams? Preferably free?

Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. But if allot of us do this, they will just stop their streaming.
    With ODM on the horizon I too have been considering this and now with Mweb uncapped too...I'm sure the quality would be good, definitely not as good as watching it through the satellite stream, but good enough to somewhat enjoy it (minus any buffering)

There is a website livetv4ever.com . Its not working at the moment but when it was up , you pay $5 pm and watch SS1 - SS7.

Quote Originally Posted by mm001 View Post
    There is a website livetv4ever.com . Its not working at the moment but when it was up , you pay $5 pm and watch SS1 - SS7.
    Sounds illegal...

Its legal alright.......but the quality is sub SD and the sound is horrible...also the picture is 4:3 so if you have LCD its super crap

EDIT: Live streaming from supersport is cool. Its ok quality and you can get away with 512k line as minimum. They only recently decided to broadcast more rugga games, also ipl. You have to be a multichoice subscriber to get this anyway........but there are ways around it

Lets just face it for now, we're stuck with DStv for our sport fix

Quote Originally Posted by Tjoker View Post
    Its legal alright.......but the quality is sub SD and the sound is horrible...also the picture is 4:3 so if you have LCD its super crap
    Do you really think livetv4ever.com had the rights to stream Supersport?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    Do you really think livetv4ever.com had the rights to stream Supersport?
    They must have some agreement with Multichoice to stream the content...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by acidb View Post
    They must have some agreement with Multichoice to stream the content...
    Nope, Mediazone (Rugbyzone.com) are the only people who have an agreement in place to stream content from Supersport.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Nope, Mediazone (Rugbyzone.com) are the only people who have an agreement in place to stream content from Supersport.
    Exactly. They were streaming content illegally... and that's probably why the site is down.

I wanted to register for this service last night so that I can test the quality.
    But I kept getting "Invalid Smartcard" errors.

I gave up after trying 10 times.

DSTV subscription just went up again. Now it is over R500. I'm done. Downgrading to easy view package next week. I can download anything anyways. Will just get my Formula 1 fix after the race is over, by downloading it and watching it at my own pace.
    I hate ignorant people...get out once in a while...it helps.

All I actually just want is S14 coverage, F1 and other rugby coverage. If i can get a streamed version of this, DSTV would not even be an option, only 4Mb/s line and uncapped internet for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast