Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Silver Surfer Thread (iBurst 2Mbps Modem)

Quote Originally Posted by r00igev@@r View Post
    With the 2 Mb/s it is important to have the right version 1.03/4 and not 1.01 (additionally you need to experiment with modem location and orientation - use the web service to check).
    Hardware version or software version of the modem and how do you know? It does not mention on the sticker on the back of the modem what version anything is.

According to the web service info - Our modem:
    Software Version C101C0C9
    Software Build Date 2008.02.14
    Hardware Build Date 2001.03.15

And if it is a 1.01 version, what then? Buy a new modem or will iBurst swop it out? Software upgrade? Firmware upgrade?

With the 2 Mb/s it is important to have the right version 1.03/4 and not 1.01 (additionally you need to experiment with modem location and orientation - use the web service to check).
    Again... How do you check the version, and what web service?

Why is this info not in the iBurst website. I am also getting very pissed off with my 2 meg modem running slower than my old 1 meg modem!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    Hardware version or software version of the modem and how do you know? It does not mention on the sticker on the back of the modem what version anything is.

According to the web service info - Our modem:
    Software Version C101C0C9
    Software Build Date 2008.02.14
    Hardware Build Date 2001.03.15

And if it is a 1.01 version, what then? Buy a new modem or will iBurst swop it out? Software upgrade? Firmware upgrade?
    This is v1.01 (you can bring the modem to the shop on William Nicol and support will upgrade it for you)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quincarroll View Post
    Again... How do you check the version, and what web service?

Why is this info not in the iBurst website. I am also getting very pissed off with my 2 meg modem running slower than my old 1 meg modem!!!
    The web service can be accessed using the procedure described in the FAQ: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/344079

This is v1.01 (you can bring the modem to the shop on William Nicol and support will upgrade it for you)
    And cost wise? If it is free, I will do it. If there are costs involved then no thanks.
    Can't the iBurst shop in Menlyn do the upgrade? It is less than 3km from my place compared to going all the way to Jhb.

Just phoned the Menlyn shop and they don't do the firmware upgrade, only the William Nicol shop does it.

Why not just put the firmware on the website with detailed instructions on how to do the upgrade?
    There are firmware updates on the website, but I doubt there are any for the 2Mb modem. Please make this easier for everyone with 2Mb modems.

I am not driving all the way to Jhb just to have a firmware upgrade done on this modem.

Yup, if there is a firmware upgrade available then post it online as some of us have no problem doing those sort of things ourselves.

I refuse to go to someone else to upgrade my modem firmware just because the file is not available.

In fact I am not even having issues with my modem, it runs fine but can be kind of slow during the day but that is just congestion since at night it runs great.

Blog Entries

And cost wise? If it is free, I will do it. If there are costs involved then no thanks.
    Can't the iBurst shop in Menlyn do the upgrade? It is less than 3km from my place compared to going all the way to Jhb.
    No costs involved.

Blog Entries

Just phoned the Menlyn shop and they don't do the firmware upgrade, only the William Nicol shop does it.

Why not just put the firmware on the website with detailed instructions on how to do the upgrade?
    There are firmware updates on the website, but I doubt there are any for the 2Mb modem. Please make this easier for everyone with 2Mb modems.

I am not driving all the way to Jhb just to have a firmware upgrade done on this modem.
    Will fwd the request.

Thanks Ronald.

Put another way, how many 2Mb users are there countrywide and how many of them would need to courier/post, etc their modems to the William Nicol shop just to have firmware updated?

Put the firmware on the website like all the other modems have and it is sorted.

Cant they take it to the shop in menlyn park shopping centre ?

Just phoned the Menlyn shop and they don't do the firmware upgrade, only the William Nicol shop does it
    Quote Originally Posted by DsBalsak View Post
    Cant they take it to the shop in menlyn park shopping centre ?
    Yes, they can't take it to the shop in Menlyn Park.

Blog Entries

The firmware upgrade for 1.04 is a 2 stage process. I have fwd'd the request about making it available on the website with a disclaimer. If you brick it, it is your problem. If we brick it, it is our problem.

However, you can drop it off at the shop in Menlyn and logistics will courier it.

Thanks Ronald.

Put another way, how many 2Mb users are there countrywide and how many of them would need to courier/post, etc their modems to the William Nicol shop just to have firmware updated?

Put the firmware on the website like all the other modems have and it is sorted.

Then the main question is how long will it take if we drop the modem off at Menlyn?

Software Version C103x0C9
    Software Build Date 2009.08.24
    Hardware Build Date 2001.09.05

do i need upgrade?

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast