Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 25262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Silver Surfer Thread (iBurst 2Mbps Modem)

Thanks!

I suppose I will have to get 2 pigtails then?
    We still using the old 1Mb modem, which uses the old pigtail.

Just want to know, if I get a 2Mb modem and I buy the splitter for R499 from Iburst, is that all I need to connect an Omni antenna to the 2Mb modem?
    Or do I still need pigtails? And will they come with the new modem, or do I also have to pay separate for that?

I'm not to sure what the easiest way is to go with this. I do need an antenna, because the signal isn't great here, so I wanna make sure I got all I need, when the modem arrives.

Can someone send me the firmware update file plz or just give me a link to it be course iburst is to incompetent to do so and yes the service suck. I got 2 account, wanted to upgrade my first one but no gave me a new one now i have 2 and so i pay over R1000 for the 2.

I downloaded the latest firmware update from the IBurst website

Quote Originally Posted by vsingh View Post
    I downloaded the latest firmware update from the IBurst website
    The 2Mb modem firmware is not on the iBurst site yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bursty-dude View Post
    The 2Mb modem firmware is not on the iBurst site yet.
    Agree

Apologies.Terminal update is only available.
    Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching

Ok so i get the firmware update file, will test it out tonight

Link for download please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus969 View Post
    Ok so i get the firmware update file, will test it out tonight

It was email'd to me so if anyone can tell me how to upload the file i will do so

It was email'd to me so if anyone can tell me how to upload the file i will do so
    Try Mediafire and share the link here with the rest of the forum.

Thanks again to Louis for e-mailing the firmware to me.
    Followed the instructions (very simple and easy to do) and all done.

Old software info:
    Software Version C101C0C9
    Software Build Date 2008.02.14

New software info:
    Software Version C104C0C9
    Software Build Date 2011.05.24

Firmware upgraded to C104C0C9 and modem still works with less connectivity issues like pages timing out and disconnects, but sadly the speed is still like this with 100% signal strength:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1754976999.png

So, iBurst, WTF now? Seriously now, PLEASE fix whatever is the issue with this slow speed.
    Last edited by Bursty-dude; 06-02-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added extra info on firmware

So bursty-dude you feel the same as i do, haven't tried mine with the new fimware yet but will later, do you think it can be a location problem or a user error?

So bursty-dude you feel the same as i do, haven't tried mine with the new fimware yet but will later, do you think it can be a location problem or a user error?
    Firmware updated with no issues at all and the web-service page confirms the firmware was updated successfully as well.
    No, it is definately an iBurst problem, not a location or user problem. I used to regularly see over 2Mbps during the day (Speedtest results are in the Speedtest thread) and then the speed started dropping to what it is now. The only thing that has changed is the new firmware for the modem. PC is the same, software is the same, modem placement the same, etc.

What I cannot understand is why all of a sudden the speeds went from 2+Mbps during the day and even when it rained or stormed here, to less than dial-up speeds most of the time with random disconnects.

It was also said our modem needed a firmware upgrade from 1.01 to 1.04. That has been done and still no change.
    I have even borrowed external antennas from friends to try get the speed back but that also has not helped.

It is a network/tower/iBurst issue and is not isolated to a few cases either. Speeds have dropped countrywide and seems that nothing is being done about it. All our moaning falls on deaf ears sadly.

Do you think it can be an overload of towers due to allot of new customers to iburst?

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 25262728 ... LastLast