Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New DSTV HD Decoder

Okay so next question: Based on what I've read, the Pace has traditionally been more problematic than the UEC.
    Do you reckon this is still going to be the case?

Essentially, is it worth waiting till the UEC arrives (even though I think the Pace is prettier)?
    In the beginning there was nothing .... which exploded!

Quote Originally Posted by Kheiron View Post
    Essentially, is it worth waiting till the UEC arrives (even though I think the Pace is prettier)?
    Wow, you are fussy, I thought the UEC was very cool (but I haven't seen the Pace)
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Pace has traditionally been more problematic than the UEC.
    That is not true in my opinion.

Grandmaster

From the reading I have done, the current UEC seems like the better option than the Pace (comparing current UEC and current Pace)... QT, do you disagree? Why?
    Last edited by greg_SA; 12-05-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_SA View Post
    From the reading I have done, the current UEC seems like the better option than the Pace... QT, do you disagree? Why?
    I have had way more issues with UEC than with Pace boxes. The Pace only had RF issues with the first batches sold... and yes, it has a slightly slower processor, but most people in the industry still prefer the Pace.

Thanks, yes, the Pace does look cool - now to find out what it can and cannot do !
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

PVR functionality is going to be dropped in the future....DSTV on Demand will take over....

I just want a HD decoder (well 2 or more for the bedrooms) - R1299 - R1499 will be reasonable.....don't know why it should cost a whopping R1500 more than a SD decoder (HD tv card is about R600)....don't have time to watch recordings.....if I missed it, I check out carte blanche on the net...

next week, you say......then I need to get ready.....

Quote Originally Posted by the graduate View Post
    PVR functionality is going to be dropped in the future....DSTV on Demand will take over....
    Highly unlikely.
    PVR gives you the functionality to record ANY show, not only the ones included in the DoD lineup.
    Space limitations on the hardware (even future hardware) make it impossible for them to facilitate DoD for EVERY show on every channel.

Highly unlikely.
    PVR gives you the functionality to record ANY show, not only the ones included in the DoD lineup.
    Space limitations on the hardware (even future hardware) make it impossible for them to facilitate DoD for EVERY show on every channel.
    point taken and I agree...

Grandmaster

I'll be quite happy to pay R1500 for a cheaper single view HD PVR with record 1, watch 1 facility - that would mean I could get it added next to my PVR 1 for about R3000 including installation and 2>6 splitter.

Nice!

I would have rather preffered dstv to re-introduce the SD-PVR.

Quote Originally Posted by the graduate View Post

I just want a HD decoder (well 2 or more for the bedrooms) - R1299 - R1499 will be reasonable.....don't know why it should cost a whopping R1500 more than a SD decoder (HD tv card is about R600)....don't have time to watch recordings.....if I missed it, I check out carte blanche on the net...

next week, you say......then I need to get ready.....
    A HD tv card won't do the processing. That's done by the Cpu and graphics card. An Hd decoder will need the extra cpu and gfx card.

hmmm - glad I waited and did not get the UEC - my installer said to stick with the PACE as the UEC is not worth the 'upgrade'
    =================================

Not only is it a cheaper HD decoder. But it has Dual View as well... Similar to the old SD Pvr....But just in HD.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast