Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Strange debit order going off

Default Strange debit order going off

So, I logged into ABSA internet banking to check my statement and noticed this entry coming off from my savings account:

DIRECT DEBIT STANCOM /SPEED A R144.00

I have no idea what this is,

Googled stancom and got hold of a few results on hellopeter where people are having similar issues like mine.

Does anybody perhaps know who or what STANCOM is?

Thanks
    Gebore om te kuier, gedwing om te werk!

contact your bank now get the debit order reversed!

Then if needs be contact the ombudsman....

Thanks will give them a call. I am more interested in who stancom is and why they are debiting this random amount from my account.

the bank has to be able to answer those questions for you. In order for them to run debit orders they need to register. Sorry can't remember exactly how it's done.

All good, thanks for your input! Will post the results after I phoned ABSA

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

Let us know what it turned out to be.

I'm almost sure Stancom has to do with Standard Bank - I think the abbreviation is for ''Standard Commercial'' ; have a relative who's had this narration on bank statements, for years, and he banks with Standard B.

I have life insurace through them, I can check on monday on my spread sheet at the office, just pm on monday to refresh my memmory and I can check for you if you dont solve it buy then.
    You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYtheSKULL View Post
    I have life insurace through them, I can check on monday on my spread sheet at the office, just pm on monday to refresh my memmory and I can check for you if you dont solve it buy then.
    Thanks, my debit order for life insurance started this month. But thats R350 pm, which I did notice on my statement. The broker Im doing this through is my uncle, will give him a call first as the two amounts might be related

I also have a "Stancom " coming off my account. From the entry, you wouldn't be able to tell, but I know it's for my Armed Response alarm

Ok its not on our business account its my car and household insurance, its through safire, stancom prob standard is doing the debit order.
    You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Commission on life policy?

Come on, blaaislaai!! Don't leave us hanging.

/bump

Stancom has come up again, but this time linked to a bush trailer insurance product. Anyone know anything about this?
    Real Men Don't Rape! [Lead SA]
    Report rape and sexual abuse. You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, forgot about this thread!

It turns out its indeed commission for life insurance