Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: WhatsApp cost?

Default WhatsApp cost?

How much does the WhatsApp application cost to purchase.

One can use it for free for the first year. After that there is a subscription fee.

How much is it?

Anyone?

http://www.whatsapp.com/

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazieGoalz View Post
    How much does the WhatsApp application cost to purchase.

One can use it for free for the first year. After that there is a subscription fee.

How much is it?

Anyone?

http://www.whatsapp.com/
    Cost after the first year is $2 per year so about 20bucks a year.
    I use it curently on my nokia x6 and it uses very little data wise, if you want to be specific it cost less then a cent per mesage sent (and recieved) and if you on a blackbery the cost per message is nothing, you pictures, audi and video cost a bit mopre dependin on the size
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

59p (UK) once-off iPhone
    1$ (US)

There is no trial version afaik, unless you're trying the beta version on a Nokia or worse (;-) )
    Last edited by Lounger; 28-01-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lounger View Post
    There is no trial version afaik, unless you're trying the beta version on a Nokia or worse (;-) )
    On Android it is free for the first year.

Can't think too many people will continue using it after their free trials expire...?

its like $1 for the app on iphone, no subscription or anything. then data cost, which is virtually nothing. as most iphone contracts have data included its actually mostly free. depends on what phone u have though. its actually very useful, its replaced SMS for me with a lot of contacts, mostly since push notifications handles it like a sms.

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    Can't think too many people will continue using it after their free trials expire...?
    There still are quite a few competitors in this market. Each seems to have something unique to them. The main thing seems to be having the server capacity to keep messages nearly instant when they get to have a lot of users, and by charging a bit they should be able to do this. Obviously a lot of people will stop using it but then they probably didn't use it much anyway. I think for anyone who actually uses it $2 is nothing.

On Android whatsapp is free for a year & next year there will be something else, or whatsapp will become the defacto sms standard for all mobile operators.

Grab it while it's hot!

i used it since it came out basically, and without paying they extended my trial by 2 years for "being a loyal user" or some such thing.
    :: i5 4690K :: Level 10 GT Snow Leopard :: 12GB Corsair :: 10.5TB ::
    :: Sammy 46" :: Radeon 280x :: Win7 :: 10 meg uncapped

It will survive only if enough people use it or when someone decides to make a standard for IM.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

me and my budies all use it, and its the only way my cheapass blakberry friends send me mesages
    plus when im at home i conect to my phone to my wifi so that makes it even cheaper
    we will probably use it for quite a while, even after the 1st free year $1 or $2 a year isnt much, it works out damn cheap,
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

They $1 or $2 a year is worth it and you will be saving so much money on SMSs

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    me and my budies all use it, and its the only way my cheapass blakberry friends send me mesages
    LOL....exactly how I feel about the blackberry crowd - they're all cheapskates!

whatsapp is the app I use most on my Desire HD & it is simply fantastic. I will pay the R14 a year ($2) fee with a big smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    Depends on how dependant you get on this app. I use it extensively on my phone for messaging to my good missus. She has a BB and I'm on SGS. At R20 a year (x2) I'd happily pay for it
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritalin-Boy View Post
    They $1 or $2 a year is worth it and you will be saving so much money on SMSs
    Absolutely. Considering I am sending approx. 5 to 10 messages a day, it's worth it. It pays for itself in the first month
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast