Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: DSTV Online Activation

Default DSTV Online Activation

Hey, i just bought the R499 dstv decoder from makro and plugged it into my flats satellite point. I then signed up on the dstv website, entered the smartcard num and decoder serial num. It then said the decoder and card were successfully paired and my dstv premium account is now active. But every channel still says the decoder and card are not paired and I should call the call centre.

Has anyone experienced this? Should i give them a call or just wait a while?

How long since you've done the pairing and activation? Sometimes it can take up to 30 minutes for the feed to show. If its not come right by that time you should give them a call..as I know they've been having problems with their system for a few days now. Their call centre closes at 11:00 as far as I'm aware so it seems like you're gonna have to wait till tomorrow anyway.

Also are you able to receive channel 100 properly and clearly? This will let you know that the flats satellite point is working properly..you can also check your signal strength in the advanced options of the decoder just to be sure you're good to go..

Thanks for the response. I did the activation a few hours ago. Channel 100 is working perfectly. Does the decoder need to be turned on for it to be activated? ie: if you "miss" the activation signal then youre out of luck?

the activation signal is embedded in the control channel, also irdeto encrypted like the other channels. when you switch your decoder on again, it will decrypt and search this stream for matching details, and activate.

Call the call center. They are always open and have this little button that controls your decoder while you're still talking to them.

Super Grandmaster

Try the E16 reset on the DStv Care website.

Troubleshoot -> Error Codes -> E16 "Reset Device/Decoder."...
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

Grandmaster

I tried online activation, waste of time. Just phone the call center, they can clear any errors while you're on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken View Post
    the activation signal is embedded in the control channel, also irdeto encrypted like the other channels. when you switch your decoder on again, it will decrypt and search this stream for matching details, and activate.

Call the call center. They are always open and have this little button that controls your decoder while you're still talking to them.
    Just don't call it a button. Apparently that confuses them (easy enough to do).

Bleh I sat on the phone with them for 30min this morning talking to a useless call centre agent who sounded like he was stoned. He basically "resent the activation signal" a few times, and told me to reset the decoder a few times. Then he gave up and told me to goto a multichoice shop

Quote Originally Posted by biltonguy View Post
    Bleh I sat on the phone with them for 30min this morning talking to a useless call centre agent who sounded like he was stoned. He basically "resent the activation signal" a few times, and told me to reset the decoder a few times. Then he gave up and told me to goto a multichoice shop
    In all honesty, I've never had an issue with their call centre.
    I had to phone them to get my account activated and they did it in less than 5 minutes while I was on the phone.
    Then I upgraded to Premium for a weekend, which also took only one 5 minute call, and another on the Monday to downgrade again.

Must be unlucky on your part (or very lucky on my part)
    Never pat a burning dog

Quote Originally Posted by smtgra011 View Post
    In all honesty, I've never had an issue with their call centre.
    I had to phone them to get my account activated and they did it in less than 5 minutes while I was on the phone.
    Then I upgraded to Premium for a weekend, which also took only one 5 minute call, and another on the Monday to downgrade again.

Must be unlucky on your part (or very lucky on my part)
    Their call centre is appalling.
    • Never ask for their supervisor - 99% of the time you will be cut off.
    • Always ask for a name, but be patient when she spends 10 minutes trying to spell it.
    • The automated system is stuffed. You will be no. 48 in the queue.

So I went to the Multichoice agent, and the guy fiddled around with the decoder for about 30min. He finally managed to fix the problem - he said he had to reload or reset the smartcard... okay...

Super Grandmaster

Good to hear you came right.
    I feel that they should have fixed it from their side. (Over the phone).
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

How does one activate mobile drifta online?

How do I activate my new account? I'have just bought Decoder and I need activation?Online? Help me please

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I don't think on-line activation works any more, the link has disappeared. Call 021-5082222, have handy 1) your ID number, 2) the smart card number, 3) the serial number of the receiver. They will ask you what package you want, so do your homework. They also give you a tiny discount for debit order payment and 8.3% discount if you pay one year in advance.
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing