Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 123 of 412 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 6176

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

I tried out the Beta 3 of XBMCbuntu, but struggled with the sound via HDMI. Does anybody know what the settings are without me having to go in to the command line as my hptc has no keyboard and XBMCbuntu has ssh apparently disabled by default.

I am running a Gigabyte Nvidia G210 - I can get the audio to work for music and vidoes, but can't get navigation sounds working and live streams also are flaky. Any help would be appreciated, would like to move over when it is released.
    Praise Zeus!

Got my MS setup and works perfectly, running Win 7 with XBMC and android phone as a remote for now and a Nvidia 210 gfx card. Only one niggle that I need help cleared up is when I play a 16gb 1080p movie it stutters a lot, is this purely that the MS cant handle it or is it the gfx card that doesn't have enough oomve to drive that kind of content?

Super Grandmaster

Bloody hell, this is turning into an expensive exercise. :-( After battling with updates, connecting to WHS 2011, corrupted NET frameworks issues etc I decided to go legal on my pc and buy Windows Home Premium. Quite a novel feeling to activate. :-)

Then after two days of struggling to get gigabit LAN working properly and buying a new lan card, I find out my newish Netgear DGN2200 modem/router doesn't support gigabit! So bought a DLink switch this morning.

Everything up and working now at last, happily copying 1Tb over to the MS atm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    I tried out the Beta 3 of XBMCbuntu, but struggled with the sound via HDMI. Does anybody know what the settings are without me having to go in to the command line as my hptc has no keyboard and XBMCbuntu has ssh apparently disabled by default.

I am running a Gigabyte Nvidia G210 - I can get the audio to work for music and vidoes, but can't get navigation sounds working and live streams also are flaky. Any help would be appreciated, would like to move over when it is released.
    I'm not sure about XBMCbuntu, but this fix worked for me in OpenElec. Give it a go.
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Grandmaster

system> settings> system> audio output> output device>hdmi?
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

https://twitter.com/bitsyzd

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

Quote Originally Posted by iceman23 View Post
    ...Astraweb have a prepaid 1000GB account for $50. I previously used to pay $25 for 180GB.
    Hey, this is good news. I am also buying the 180GB bundles, so now we get almost 6 times more for double the price! Good times

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadimm View Post
    system> settings> system> audio output> output device>hdmi?
    Yep, have set it up like this but get no navigation sounds. On my current setup I had to create a asound.conf file to get it working but was hoping they would have this stuff working out the box seeing though this gpu is very popular for media centres these days. Oh well, will just copy over the file when I move over to Eden.
    Praise Zeus!

Grandmaster

Yep, have set it up like this but get no navigation sounds. On my current setup I had to create a asound.conf file to get it working but was hoping they would have this stuff working out the box seeing though this gpu is very popular for media centres these days. Oh well, will just copy over the file when I move over to Eden.
    Come to think of it. I don't have navigation sounds either. Didn't want it. Not sure if its disabled though.

I've built an Ubuntu + XBMC image that should be able to be restored onto any 8gb flashdisk and will boot and run XBMC off the bat, all drivers for nvidia included, HDMI Audio out fixed, video optimized, and video tearing fixed.

I'm busy compressing it ( Should come down to ~1gb ), and will upload it somewhere tomorrow morning.

Anyone interested in helping me out by pointing out some bugs and such, I'd appreciate a PM.

( This should also work on a PC running an Nvidia graphics card )
    Seeking...

hmmm, weird problem.

I use XBMC to watch stuff off of the MS via another main NAS.

I have the network locations mapped and was added in XBMC.

now since yesterday, XBMC doesn't see those locations anymore.

you can see them straight from Windows, but go into XBMC and it doesn't.

I am now adding it 'straight' as network locations in XBMC and will see how it performs now.

Grandmaster

I have 2 externals plugged into my microserver. Both drives are mapped as network drives on my laptops (windows). On rebooting the microserver the name of one external changes from Freecom to disk_. If I unplug the drive and plug it back in the name is once again Freecom.

Is there anyway around this?

Grandmaster

Default How to use XBMC Live as a NAS

How to use XBMC Live as a NAS.

Guide starts at installation of the media center through to setting up samba and then applying scripts for automation.

Don't know enough to know if this is a good solution. I currently just map the xbmc drives on my windows machines.

Quote Originally Posted by nadimm View Post
    I currently just map the xbmc drives on my windows machines.
    this is what I do, but sometimes the Drives swap "drive letters" and xbmc can't find the files anymore, until i unmount my windows drive and remount it..

any advice?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    this is what I do, but sometimes the Drives swap "drive letters" and xbmc can't find the files anymore, until i unmount my windows drive and remount it..

any advice?
    I don't know much especially about Linux.

If you're using windows you can reserve drive letters in disk management.

Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye.za View Post
    I've built an Ubuntu + XBMC image that should be able to be restored onto any 8gb flashdisk and will boot and run XBMC off the bat, all drivers for nvidia included, HDMI Audio out fixed, video optimized, and video tearing fixed.

I'm busy compressing it ( Should come down to ~1gb ), and will upload it somewhere tomorrow morning.

Anyone interested in helping me out by pointing out some bugs and such, I'd appreciate a PM.

( This should also work on a PC running an Nvidia graphics card )

would be super stoked to see one of these
    42 yrs of Apartheid (1948 - 1990) + 23 yrs of BEE, AA & EE (1990 - 2013) = 65 yrs of sanctioned racism in SA, I hope my kids will see the end of it.

Page 123 of 412 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 ... LastLast