Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Unshaping local Proxy

Default Unshaping local Proxy

Hi all,

The PC Studio will be offering local ushaping services for playing games like
    World of Warcraft. Our proxy server resides locally at internet solutions, so
    your traffic gets unshapped locally and not internationally. This service
    will be lauched from early January next year. We will also reduce our rates as soon as more people use this service.

The server is supplied by ASCENSION Studios. ASCENSION Studios has
    been in the website hosting business for over five years.

You can purchase traffic at the following rates:
    • R 99.00 for 500Mb of traffic
    • R 189.00 for 1000Mb of traffic
    • R 369.00 for 2000Mb of traffic

We are also offering 50Mb test accounts NOW so you can test this service.
    please PM me or email proxy@pcstudio.co.za

Please send me your comments or suggestions.

Regards..

Darthmoose,

A quick question.
    1. does the traffic packages include all traffic (ie. is it just the traffic between the client and the unshaping service, or is it all traffic the client generates..ie. traffic from client to service then to server)?

And a comment:
    I have found a way to unshape my traffic internationally for WoW (or anything actually) and it appears to work much better than an unshaping service (local) that I was using previously... This solution does however require that you have your own server hosted internationally... And you probably need a fair amount of linux administration skills

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrel
    Darthmoose,

A quick question.
    1. does the traffic packages include all traffic (ie. is it just the traffic between the client and the unshaping service, or is it all traffic the client generates..ie. traffic from client to service then to server)?

And a comment:
    I have found a way to unshape my traffic internationally for WoW (or anything actually) and it appears to work much better than an unshaping service (local) that I was using previously... This solution does however require that you have your own server hosted internationally... And you probably need a fair amount of linux administration skills
    Hi, no traffic measured is between you the client and the unshaping proxy only. All traffic from the proxy to WOW servers is not measured.
    I have also tried it internationally but I wanted to minimize the hop count
    before the proxy to minimize latency. I have a mate using ADSL and he gets 400 ms when playing on the US Blackhand Server. I use iburst so I hover around 650-700ms

400ms is not bad.

My solution give me as low as 330, but when ADSL experiences international problems (and we know that happens about every hour ) you tend to get lag spikes.... the average is probably about 400-450ms to US servers. (This would be using an unshaped SAIX account... shaped will result in a average of about 550ms).

I must say your packages don't look too badly priced. (actually look fairly tempting)

Thank you. We plan to reduce the price as soon as we can as we buy our bandwidth directly from IS. We also dont reset your account like others do. So if you buy 500mb you use it until its used up, even if its a year later. You will also be able to buy our packages using your credit card online with immediate effect, so you can topup anytime you want to. You will also be able to track your usage online. Do you want me to setup at 50Mb test account for you for FREE? email me at proxy@pcstudio.co.za if you are interested.