Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Android Phone?

SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hours (a few hours across 2 days), with kilo on a teamview, I stepped away from the pc to do chores, I came back to the phone and plugged in the Ascii key and IT WORKED, we got wi fi on the phone.

Thanks kilo for the time and help and thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqyon View Post
    Is it this one.. http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_858_smart-3955.php

580Mhz (Yikes) and Running 2.2 (Should be ok for hotspot)
    Went to buy school shoes for my son on Thursday at Shoe City. I picked up one of their flyers as they sell phones too. They got the 858 on special for R799. Offer ends 31 Jan. That is probably the cheapest you will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekon View Post
    Went to buy school shoes for my son on Thursday at Shoe City. I picked up one of their flyers as they sell phones too. They got the 858 on special for R799. Offer ends 31 Jan. That is probably the cheapest you will get.
    That phone is one weird little phone indeed but damn impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekon View Post
    I need a smartphone that is not branded. Any suggestions? Under R1000.

The vodafone 858 is a smartphone ranging from R600 to R900 if you shop around, Game had it for R799 though it was marked as R999 on the display. Also if you put on the Cyanmod it's unbranded ;-)
    Do you hear the voices, too?

Hi guys, see the HTC-Wildfire goes for R 1499, is this a good phone for its price ? I'm thinking of getting it today.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fayera View Post
    Hi guys, see the HTC-Wildfire goes for R 1499, is this a good phone for its price ? I'm thinking of getting it today.
    A friend of mine has that phone. She likes it, apart from the slow factor. It clocks a mere 600-odd MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

It seems reasonably priced for a andriod, wanted to get the Samsung galaxy Y but that seems a bit to expensive.

Also to consider is the LG Optimus One being advertised on the VC site @R999. Seems to be a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayera View Post
    No. QVGA screen on a touch screen phone is a killer.
    Last edited by SCHUMI-4-EVA; 05-01-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Sorry, I should have said QVGA resolution. Tapping away at a screen with a res of 320x240 is a nightmare. You're much better off with an HVGA or bigger resolution phone. So Vodafone V858, LG Optimus One (my personal choice if it had to be as cheap as possible), Wildfire S, Sony Ericsson mini/mini pro (not to be confused with the X10 Mini/Mini Pro which also used an SVGA resolution) perhaps the original HTC Desire, HTC ChaCha, Samsung S5660 Gio, Samsung Galaxy Ace and I'm sure there are some more but I can't think of them at the moment. The Samsung Galaxy Y has the same QVGA resolution problem as the the Wildfire by the way.
    Last edited by SCHUMI-4-EVA; 05-01-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUMI-4-EVA View Post
    Sorry, I should have said SVGA resolution. Tapping away at a screen with a res of 320x240 is a nightmare. You're much better off with an HVGA or bigger resolution phone....Last edited by SCHUMI-4-EVA; 04-01-2012 at 10:16 PM...
    Keep trying, SVGA is normally 800x600 or better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic...ay_resolutions - what you describe is QVGA.

Not that I know much about phones but the Vodafone 858 Android Smartphone ain't to shabby. My daughter has saved up for her one and she is most happy with it. She got some games and apps from the Android App Market and for a 14 year old she is happy to bits once kilo and I managed to get the wi fi working. She has Whatsapp and LiveProfile on it and I can communicate with her via LiveProfile even if she has no wi fi or airtime on the phone which is very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by waynegohl View Post
    ... I can communicate with her via LiveProfile even if she has no wi fi or airtime on the phone which is very weird.
    very weird indeed, does it have a internet connection via 3G with no airtime?
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast