Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Thread: 8ta problems lately?

If i were you guys i would really try do something! hello peter obviously won't work. 8ta is stealing your money guys!!! u basically getting R10 from the R200 you are paying...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Curiously, I've managed to use my 20Gb even though I get dl's of only 40kbps (compared to others getting 400-800kbps).

Keep a close eye on your DL & UL stats people!

Same problem here everything was working fine was loving the speeds and latency but now it's up to ****. Was going to go for the promo five luckily I tested it before biting the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEFYRE View Post
    Same problem here everything was working fine was loving the speeds and latency but now it's up to ****. Was going to go for the promo five luckily I tested it before biting the bullet.
    Is it not the weather? Mine loses signal or goes to edge when its rainy, resulting in k@k speeds...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

well until about a week ago i was getting great pings, speed. now for the last week really slow, wonto about 40kb down speed on average. Last night my speed test ping on the myBB site was 987ms. 2weeks ago i was getting anywhere from 32 - 80ms.

8ta speed / latency is really sucky at present.

Yea, I was maxing my modem out about 2 weeks ago. Going at 7mbs, did a speed test today and only got 0.2

I also tested the prepaid option first before committing to a contract but now after having it for about a month it seems to be going down hill. I hope that they can sort this out

Default awww

I got the 10gb deal a couple months ago and the speed was amazing. i even told other people to get it despite the little telkom warning bells going off in my head. Now that their special is over the latency has quadrupled. WoW is unplayable. Torrents suck.
    Now i know how people feel when they deposit money into 'that' Nigerian bank account and find out that, in fact, they havent inherited millions of dollars

Forgot to mention in reply to someones earlier post that it often dc's at night. Even back when the speeds were great...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Glax View Post
    I got the 10gb deal a couple months ago and the speed was amazing. i even told other people to get it despite the little telkom warning bells going off in my head. Now that their special is over the latency has quadrupled. WoW is unplayable. Torrents suck.
    Now i know how people feel when they deposit money into 'that' Nigerian bank account and find out that, in fact, they havent inherited millions of dollars
    Exactly, as I said in another post, latency is going to hit 5 seconds by december!: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...07#post7260007
    i7-2600K | 32GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | N570GTX+GTX260 | P8P67 Deluxe | HX750W | Antec P193 | G400s
    On the hunt for a Laptop with DDR4...

They'll proberbly blame it on Copper theft.

Tried playing Bad Company 2 Online and had my a$$ handed to me... Why..?

Yes. Because latency is awesome.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED 8ta? For the first week I enjoyed breakneck speeds, and now I cannot see the point in having this package?!

8ta rep, if you please. And this is not an isolated case so I don't want an isolated answer. I want real answers! All in favour, say Aye!

PS: Pingtest.net

Yea I am also at 800 now

Okay latency back to normal, just like yesterday....So we can expect it to bum out to 1000ms ping again by lets say 5-6pm tonight? Seems to be the pattern. Now I would really like to get an official statement from 8ta as to why this has been happening consistently over the last 3 or 4 days. You dont go from 50ms to 1000ms local just like that. Network overload? Do they flip a switch at 6pm everyday to throttle the crap out of everyone? 8ta rep, find out from your techs, tell us what the situation is and maybe people will be a bit more forgiving. At the moment: Facebook, Hello Peter and this forum is buzzing with negative vibes over you guys. You better act in everyone's incl your own interests fast or this ship is going down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast