Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cell C Connector Software

Grandmaster

Default Cell C Connector Software

In one last-ditch attempt to get Cell C working again, I downloaded and installed the latest software from their site. Unfortunately, after 2 reinstallations, I've only managed to use it ONCE - it simply fails to open again. Been using MDMA in the interim, but would like to use the Connector software as its a lot simpler to check balances/load bundles, etc.

Anyone else experienced similar problems or have solutions? Even running it as Administrator doesn't help. Also doesn't load on start-up like the old software did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandmaster

And even when it loads, it's slow, it displays crap irritating advertisements, and it disconnects every 5 minutes. I wish I knew how to revert to the old firmware. I'm using the MF190.

Grandmaster

100+ views, and no-one can help? Come on, guys - someone out there must have a solution!

At the moment, I'd prefer just to revert back to the old software, but don't think that's possible

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    At the moment, I'd prefer just to revert back to the old software, but don't think that's possible
    How to revert back to old cellc connect software

The ones I got on the data card worked for with without problems. Install and connect

Grandmaster

The old dashboard for the ZTE MF190 is not available for download from Cell C's website. Also, even if it were, there is still no known way to revert to the old firmware. Installing the old dash on the PC is not the same as reverting the 3G dongle's firmware to the original.

Not the best piece of software but it seems to work.

Try running the application executable a second time. The first time I installed it only half installed and it was a bit of a mess

Grandmaster

Tried getting the old software installed, but fails during the first stage when it searches for the dongle (never had that before). Tried to download the VMB software from vodafone's website (to try ginggs' fix for that), but my utterly crap connection prevented that. Will try again later today.

Grandmaster

Click connect on the VMB software, but something pops up quickly, then disappears, but won't connect to Cell C. Fail. Still using MDMA, but does anyone know of a way to check data balances?

Super Grandmaster

I just use the default windows 7 way to connect, when you click the tray icon for network then just select connect to cell c. Works like a charm...

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Still using MDMA, but does anyone know of a way to check data balances?
    USSD

*101#

Grandmaster

Meh, tells me to call to check my balance, which isn't going to happen, as I have an iPhone (i.e. micro-SIM slot).

Grandmaster

I stand corrected! *101# now in fact works for me

After battling for a few hours with Connector on my Vista notebook, I realised the problem was that Autorun (? - don't have the stick with me now) on the stick is prevented from running as a security feature. There are various ways to overcome this e.g.
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/autopl...windows-vista/
    The modem drivers are installed / uninstalled every time, so if Autorun can't run they don't get installed.
    You can also run it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by neillr View Post
    The modem drivers are installed / uninstalled every time, so if Autorun can't run they don't get installed.
    You can also run it manually.
    Yip, just to clarify modem drivers are installed by autorun from the CD-ROM device only once. Dashboard application is also installed. User receive dialog box to confirm installation. Next time you plug-in modem, autorun is checking whether drivers are installed and don't attempt to install drivers, but (depends on the application record in the registry) dashboard is launched.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast