Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: D-Link wireless streaming

Default D-Link wireless streaming

Hi

I'd like to setup a media streaming server on my home network.The router I have is a D-Link DSL-2640U.I have an Xbox 360s console (built in wireless) and want to stream media from my PC to the Xbox 360s so I can view it on my TV.Does anyone know if this is possible via wireless or do I need an ethernet cable to be able to stream media to my TV?

Thanks

you can use wireless, however i have found that the movies normally "stutters" as the wireless is not that stable. The best would be to use a lan cable as there is almost no interference and streaming runs beautifully on it. You can always set up the xbox on wireless and test it before you go out and buy stuff.

can i stream videos and music from my pc to my xbox 360 using a d'link 2640u

Quote Originally Posted by hennie05 View Post
    can i stream videos and music from my pc to my xbox 360 using a d'link 2640u

you can use wireless, however i have found that the movies normally "stutters" as the wireless is not that stable. The best would be to use a lan cable as there is almost no interference and streaming runs beautifully on it. You can always set up the xbox on wireless and test it before you go out and buy stuff. To clarify, you can use your router, however you need to use a LAN cable from the PC to the Router and from the Xbox to the Router.

Default Re: D-Link wireless streaming

Yes you can ,you must install windows media centre on both ,you can also hack wmc to play all the formats.I am running that at the moment.I can post the links tonight when I get home.But like they mentioned ,some funny formats play a bit flaky over wireless.

Default Re: D-Link wireless streaming

I have a 2750u.

Otherwise have a look at powerline networking then you won't have to install a cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    One leaves the internet alone for just a couple of hours and someone gets but raped...

Hi There,
    I have found wireless too unreliable and I would always go the cable route to ensure a better viewing experience.

Warmest regards

Tim
    Tim from MTN Business, how can I help you? Follow me on @TechXpertTim