Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delayed banking notifications on Vodacom

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    I made a error...it is R0.40 per sms....and considering that you only pay R4.00 for your monthly admin fee it really is nothing. :-)
    Sheesh, that is a good deal - I must just go through all the charges to work out what is best, this account is also used for drawing cash for wages which is a pain (for those who don't like EFTs). All I know is ABSA are terrible and overcharge massively, not a fan of Standard from previous experience although they seem to be getting things together. Very happy with my personal FNB stuff, best bank setup and service I have experienced (barring Woolwich in the UK when they innovated the free internet banking and various other clever services, Barclays bought them and trashed them).
    Attention City of Joburg and its employees, you do not have permission to view this webpage, you will be charged for your malicious hacking crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    snip
    You also a Engelsman? Sjoe....Mybb infested with them hey! hehe.

Just kidding.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

No problems on my banking notifications from Standard. As soon as my wife swipes, I get a 'roger roger' (love those star wars droids) on my phone. I am thinking of removing it though as it just depresses me to see the bank balance sink so rapidly.
    If any question why we died tell them because our fathers lied

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    You also a Engelsman? Sjoe....Mybb infested with them hey! hehe.

Just kidding.
    Just a gap year on Mud Island and brief work stint there I'm another German/SA/English/? hybrid South African van Stellenbos af
    Attention City of Joburg and its employees, you do not have permission to view this webpage, you will be charged for your malicious hacking crimes

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I'm with Nedbank and CellC

Most times the notifications arrive within 20 seconds. Certain times of the day (7.30 to 8.30 and 16.45 to 18.00) it can take up to two minutes. About 5 times it has taken a bit longer, maybe 4-5 mins.
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Just a gap year on Mud Island and brief work stint there I'm another German/SA/English/? hybrid South African van Stellenbos af
    lol
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Howzit guys. Any of you having probs getting OTP's from ABSA on Vodacom at the mo? My sister is about to scratch my eyes out cause she is @ home sick and wants to do some payments and have not been able to cause she aint receiving the pins. I have sent her a test sms's and that gets delivered...but the ones from ABSA seems to be coming through only hours later. Think the ones she was supposed to get yesterday afternoon only came through this morning 01:00.

She spoke to ABSA and they said they dont have problems at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else is having this?
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Grandmaster

ABSA just updated their online banking site. That and the fact that SMSs from you get delivered make me fairly sure that the problem is on ABSA's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    ABSA just updated their online banking site. That and the fact that SMSs from you get delivered make me fairly sure that the problem is on ABSA's side.
    Have told her this now...thank you. She is spitting fire. She is nood a happy chappy cause she had a op on her foot and need to pay the surgeon now to qualify for some or other discount....and now she cant. Offered to pay it for her so long out of my savings..but all her I could hear was *#$%@#%$ ABSA @#$$T#...ABSA @#R#@$. YIKES.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12