Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: CTA part time

Master

Default CTA part time

I see you are now only able to do CTA (Saica) over 2 years at Unisa. You guys know of anywhere else CTA can be done part time (in 1 year). I know UKZN use to have it, but it seems to have fallen away.

Its going to be pretty tough to do it 1 year "part time". Its a full time 1 year course or 2 year part time.

The unis are dropping these types of courses because failure rates were too high.
    A trial by combat would resolve this dispute efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    The unis are dropping these types of courses because failure rates were too high.
    Did you think before posting that?? Wow! Please ignore this post above as it is not true! You cannot become a CA(SA) if you do not complete CTA so I'm not sure what you are smoking. Universities will thus never drop this course unless you think there are never going to be CA's ??

SAICA has made the decision that CTA part time will be over two years
    If you go to UCT, UJ, Stellenbosch etc, then it will be full time and over 1 year.

I can tell you from experience though that you would rather do it over 2 years and pass first time. I was lucky in that I passed on my first attempt in one year but I was in the minority with an overall UNISA pass rate of 28%. Many of my fellow mates have done it 3 times now and are still failing. This is why SAICA has taken the decision to make it compulsory over 2 years part time now.

All the big universities have proper support programs and only allow the top students into their honors (CTA) programme. Thus their pass rates at honors and QE1 are always much higher than UNISA.

Hope the above helps you. Cheers
    Last edited by IceDreama; 29-12-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDreama View Post
    Universities will thus never drop this course unless you think there are never going to be CA's ??
    You misunderstood him. He means universities have/are stopping part-time studying. University of Pretoria for example has stopped Tuks after 5 (eg. classes start after 5pm).

Universities will thus never drop this course unless you think there are never going to be CA's ??
    I was addressing the topic - part time CTA at a place other than UNISA. The failure rates in part time CTA courses were significantly higher than the full time courses - even at unis where they were offered side-by-side with similar support structures. Hence these courses are being dropped. I'll be sure to provide more context in future so that everyone can follow.

Did you think before posting that??
    Funny...I was just about to ask you that.
    A trial by combat would resolve this dispute efficiently