Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neotel Down?

Joburg, Microwave link, internet + SIP

Both down at the moment, no calls, no internet via that link.

We always have a lot of packet loss on our fibre link.

Their excuse is that our link is 1:4 contention ratio. And if we start using 80% of available bandwidth, we will get packet loss.

So 15mbit split between 4 gives around 3.75mbit dedicated bandwidth for ourselves and we were using 5mbit when the packet loss occured.

Anyone got a internal contact at Neotel that can help me with my WiMax circuit ID or WiMax Service ID. My Wi Max antenna is working and I can ping the Base Station and have good signal but I cant connect and I am trying to sort it out and it is down for 3 weeks now and I am using my Neotel Prime unlimited phone now
    PC Specs: Asus P7P55D LE MB, Intel Core I5, 2GB Mem, 512MB PCI-E Full HD s-card, 22 x DVD writer, 2 x 2 TB Hd's, 250GB Hd, 23 Inch Samsung Full HD screen

Is anyone else experiencing loss of connectivity tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing loss of connectivity tonight?
    ok it just started working again...

Down again.... cant get to my neotel fiber line from IS and they cant get international

aaaand we are back...

my NeoBroadband Fibre is completely dead...

Turns out there was a fibre break and it was fixed about half an hour ago, I’m very impressed with the service I received and the speed at which Neotel took to fix the break

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12