Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2 COMING!`

Default Guild Wars 2 COMING!`

Welcome to the Year of the Dragon!

Most people expected end of 2011 or beginning of 2012 to be the release date. Well finally we have some concrete information about the release. At least A-Net have confirmed a 2012 release.

January 23rd:
    "We recently finished our first closed beta test, and we’re now ready to hold progressively larger events. In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year."

So, if by April we will be having more open beta events, I am hoping for a release by mid year at the latest?

Full article: http://www.arena.net/blog/dragon
    i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4GHz, Rampage III Gene, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Asus GTX670 4GB, Corsair 80GB & 240GB SSD, Dual 27" IPS7, W7 64bit.

I'm also anxious to see what the Guild Wars developers have been up to. Think I should try getting myself into a beta event.

Anyway, it looks like the MMO industry will be quite busy this year...

Damn I can not wait for this!
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Beta tesing only starts in Marchh/April? I'd bet on a fourth quarter release at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudster View Post
    Beta tesing only starts in Marchh/April? I'd bet on a fourth quarter release at best.
    As long as it is open beta I do not care

I just want to play GW 2 damnit.
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

I know some compare A-net's beta timelines between Guild War and GW2. A-net was a new and certainly much smaller company during the course of Guild Wars being released. The initial recent GW2 closed beta was less than a month - that must say something about how good the current game state is! In the last few years they have mentioned that the open beta for Guild Wars 2 would be shortish and close to release because they want the game to be complete when players get their greedy paws on it.
    So I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that when A-net says "we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events" in March and April, we COULD expect a release in June or July.
    i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4GHz, Rampage III Gene, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Asus GTX670 4GB, Corsair 80GB & 240GB SSD, Dual 27" IPS7, W7 64bit.

That's all fine and well, but I'm an Eve addict who's awaiting ME3. I have all the GW's, but I'm only a level 7 NE/E in Prophecy and I've only just seen the Searing. I'll never have time for everything if it drops so soon. Perversely, I'm praying for a December release, so I can pig out on the game over the holidays!

In other news, am I following the right plan to finish Prophecies, then move through the expansions? I feel kinda...alone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by EnchanterG View Post
    That's all fine and well, but I'm an Eve addict who's awaiting ME3. I have all the GW's, but I'm only a level 7 NE/E in Prophecy and I've only just seen the Searing. I'll never have time for everything if it drops so soon. Perversely, I'm praying for a December release, so I can pig out on the game over the holidays!

In other news, am I following the right plan to finish Prophecies, then move through the expansions? I feel kinda...alone out there.
    Prophecies is an excellent starting point. It is long, but does give a good grounding into GW. If all you do is play Prophecies, and then buy the expansion, Eye of the North, then you will be well equiped for GW2. Not saying you really have to play GW to play GW2, but if you wanted to play any of the GW games so it gave you a better grounding for GW2, then certainly you are on the correct track. The land of Tyria, which is where Prophecies is based, will be seen again in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeo View Post
    Oh my greatness!! I almost died!
    If you can read this... you can read.

looking so forward to this , really SWTOR amazing game i wont lie , nothing against it, but im a medieval freak , plate armor cooler than robotics imo.. and this will have the in-depth story aswel

See u guys in GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Volt4ge View Post
    looking so forward to this , really SWTOR amazing game i wont lie , nothing against it, but im a medieval freak , plate armor cooler than robotics imo.. and this will have the in-depth story aswel

See u guys in GW2
    Just so we're clear, NOTHING is cooler than a lightsaber ok?

But that said, screw SWTOR and their EA overlords, bring on the Guild Wars

I'll see you there! (And did anyone get a beta invite?)

Beta invites won't be sent out until later this month.

And, even if we get one, we're not allowed to tell you

Hehe, well if you invite a million people, and have even 100 000 of them playing... someone will say something. Though I think they don't care too much now, especially as the Press NDA was lifted for a short while, so anything revealed would be "old". I wouldn't be surprised if they had multiple groups that they invite... possibly giving more and more people a chance as they slowly push the servers to see how the cope. So I am expecting people to either get invites at different times, or with different dates. I highly doubt they want to put a million people, or even 500 000 into the pot on day 1... that will come. Anyway here is hoping for a beta key!

Here's hoping this game lives up to all the hype it's creating and will stay good with it's no-subscription model.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast