Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: A 2nd PS3

  1. #1

    Default A 2nd PS3

    So if I get a second PS3 would I be able to download my games on the 2nd console that I bought on PSN whit my 1st PS3 and basicaly keep my PSN bought content on both PS3's ? Yes both would remain in my own home ane yes I am lazy so will just be backing up my 1st PS and restoring it on the 2nd.

  2. #2

    Default

    Yes you can with the PSN games, up to 5 consoles can share (not sure if this changed).... but I think if u restore your saves from the 1st ps3 to the 2nd it will not work on the 1st anymore

  3. #3

    Default

    No. You're only allowed to have your games on 1 PS3. So you need to get rid of the other one and send it back to Sony as proof that you only have 1. It's in their terms and conditions, which includes that they still own the console even though you paid full price for it.

  4. #4
    The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Joburg
    Posts
    16,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whoo_kid View Post
    Yes you can with the PSN games, up to 5 consoles can share (not sure if this changed).... but I think if u restore your saves from the 1st ps3 to the 2nd it will not work on the 1st anymore
    It's changed to two consoles I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    No. You're only allowed to have your games on 1 PS3. So you need to get rid of the other one and send it back to Sony as proof that you only have 1. It's in their terms and conditions, which includes that they still own the console even though you paid full price for it.
    Stop scaring the guy

  5. #5

    Default

    Whit old AcidRaZor a pinch of salt should always be used

  6. #6

    Default

    So I wil have to REdownload almost 50gigs of games ?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whoo_kid View Post
    Yes you can with the PSN games, up to 5 consoles can share (not sure if this changed).... but I think if u restore your saves from the 1st ps3 to the 2nd it will not work on the 1st anymore
    Works on both my PS3 just fine. I transferred by old PS3 to the new PS3 and I still use both. Me and my son actually play together or compete online. The only drawback is that you may need two discs of the game like with KZ3. Also if I remember correctly you will have to sign in each user on the PS3 again so make sure you have all the details like passwords etc ready.
    Last edited by wily me; 21-02-2012 at 01:22 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esea View Post
    So I wil have to REdownload almost 50gigs of games ?
    No, just transfer the one PS3 to the other. It takes a while but you do not have to re-download anything apart from maybe some updates.

    See here
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...erutility.html

  9. #9
    Death eater Voldemort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hogwarts, waiting....
    Posts
    6,236
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esea View Post
    So I wil have to REdownload almost 50gigs of games ?
    'fraid so pooh bear
    Avada Kedavra!

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks will check out the link at home. This old nokia is interwebs shy

  11. #11
    Death eater Voldemort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hogwarts, waiting....
    Posts
    6,236
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wily me View Post
    No, just transfer the one PS3 to the other. It takes a while but you do not have to re-download anything apart from maybe some updates.

    See here
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...erutility.html
    hmmm, i stand corrected....although the hard drives are drm locked so...ummmm
    Avada Kedavra!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    hmmm, i stand corrected....although the hard drives are drm locked so...ummmm
    What are you on about?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •