Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Daytime congestion

Default Daytime congestion

I regularly stream Supersport to my laptop or android via my Internet Promo 5 hooked up to a TP-Link router. This normally works pretty well although I've noticed that from about 08h30 in the morning onwards the streaming becomes intermittent and I regularly receive a "Insufficient bandwidth. Upgrade your internet connection" message.

The weird thing is my speedtest.net results are still decent - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1795230482.png so all I can think is that 8ta either shapes the data during peak hours or the network congestion exceeds their capacity. Could the 8ta rep please confirm their shaping policy and / or comment on the network capacity in the Villieria, Pretoria area.
    In South Africa even the information superhighway has potholes in it.

I doubt. 8ta feed is unstable at times. Speedtest picks up short averaged periods of rush, it gives unrealistic figures. Download sites tell true story.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    I doubt. 8ta feed is unstable at times. Speedtest picks up short averaged periods of rush, it gives unrealistic figures. Download sites tell true story.
    Doubt what?

Both. Neither shaping nor congestion. Accounting controlling bytes count is lagging. You get sudden burst of data, then waiting for accounting to acknowledge transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Both. Neither shaping nor congestion. Accounting controlling bytes count is lagging. You get sudden burst of data, then waiting for accounting to acknowledge transfer.
    So then why does my connection slow down during business hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    I regularly stream Supersport to my laptop or android via my Internet Promo 5 hooked up to a TP-Link router. This normally works pretty well although I've noticed that from about 08h30 in the morning onwards the streaming becomes intermittent and I regularly receive a "Insufficient bandwidth. Upgrade your internet connection" message.

The weird thing is my speedtest.net results are still decent - http://www.speedtest.net/result/1795230482.png so all I can think is that 8ta either shapes the data during peak hours or the network congestion exceeds their capacity. Could the 8ta rep please confirm their shaping policy and / or comment on the network capacity in the Villieria, Pretoria area.
    Hi Speedster
    We are not doing any form of shaping on our network.
    We would like to investigate.
    Please email your 8ta number, contact number and physical address to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your alias in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta

Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi Speedster
    We are not doing any form of shaping on our network.
    We would like to investigate.
    Please email your 8ta number, contact number and physical address to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your alias in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta
    Email sent. Thanks for the response.

Email sent. Thanks for the response.
    Hi
    Thank you for your email.
    8ta

Quite unsurprisingly my connection became intermittent the second the clock struck 8:30 this morning

It seems on Saturdays the congestion starts becoming an issue at 9:30... This really sucks 8ta.

So it has been more than a week since I sent the email to 8ta with no response so far. Anybody want to wager when, if ever, I'll get some feedback?

Well , lets put it like this,, after emailing them 8 times , 10 customer care phone calls , 4 diff reference numbers and 4 Hello peter complaints, which was over a period of 2 month, have they finally phoned me...

Basically you have to find a customer care person and do some crying , weeping and them threaten with suicide , only then will they phone...

They coming on friday to my house.

I am doubtful that they can fix the problem as its actually their entire system.
    I cant see how they will be able to fix this issue unless they upgrade everything ...

Can't watch the Super rugby this morning again. Was fine earlier this morning when I was watching some of the cricket. Really disappointed by 8ta in this.

So it has been more than a week since I sent the email to 8ta with no response so far. Anybody want to wager when, if ever, I'll get some feedback?
    Hi
    We do apologise about the delay.
    We will follow up again.
    Thank you
    8ta

Quite unsurprisingly my connection became intermittent the second the clock struck 8:30 this morning
    Are you sure Mnet shouldn't bear much of the blame ? In your first post you said that you get good speeds in general.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast