Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cell C illegal activity

Angry Cell C illegal activity

hello Mobile that is powered by cell c - is a sim card used for cheap international calling.
    90% of hello mobile customers are Foreign nationals and almost every hello mobile sim card is PRE RICA'd.
    * is it NOT illegal to use other peopls ID numbers and proof of residence ?
    hello mobile (with the FULL knowledge of cell-c has been selling pre ricrd sim cards) just so that they can get custoemrs illegaly.

* i have tried 2 contact hello mobile, cellc and even ICASA (no1 respond)

** sOME ONE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS???? (take them to court for fraud

Quote Originally Posted by gatvoltel View Post
    hello Mobile that is powered by cell c - is a sim card used for cheap international calling.
    90% of hello mobile customers are Foreign nationals and almost every hello mobile sim card is PRE RICA'd.
    hello mobile (with the FULL knowledge of cell-c has been selling pre ricrd sim cards) just so that they can get custoemrs illegaly.

** sOME ONE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS???? (take them to court for fraud
    So, who cares? I support anything that makes a mockery of RICA.

cellc got this 4G only because the gov likes them. The gov will give them a prize for this incentive to help their friends with this pre rica cards.

Blog Entries

Erm yea, sue them for what? How exactly would you claim millions in damages over a pre rica'd sim?
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    So, who cares? I support anything that makes a mockery of RICA.
    Really?

Then I suppose you won't mind if some criminal gets hold of your ID number and address and use your 'good' name in criminal and fraudulent activities?

I am shocked by the responses in here, this (if indeed true) is something to be taken seriously and something done about it. It's funny how we complain about crime yet we somehow encourage it by turning a blind eye.

The little we do goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dups! View Post
    Really?

Then I suppose you won't mind if some criminal gets hold of your ID number and address and use your 'good' name in criminal and fraudulent activities?

I am shocked by the responses in here, this (if indeed true) is something to be taken seriously and something done about it. It's funny how we complain about crime yet we somehow encourage it by turning a blind eye.

The little we do goes a long way.
    RICA hasn't prevented this identity theft, it's caused it! RICA has made us all more vulnerable to identity theft, not less vulnerable.

If you are concerned about such activity, please note that cellphone companies intercept your prepaid SIM RICA details and store it for their own use. I know for sure it is in the case of Vodacom and 8ta. 8ta is even refusing to attend your matters in call centre, unles you give them your ID number and residential address. It wasn't given to them, it was given solely in purpose for RICA.
    Last edited by sajunky; 27-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.

It's actually become a good business - selling rica'd sim cards

RICA is a joke. RICA is a classic example of bad legislation turning otherwise law-abiding people into criminals just because they want a cell phone. The reason why is there is now a black-market in pre-rica'd sim cards is because not everybody has an ID book and not everybody can prove their address.

Default Mr.

Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    RICA is a joke. RICA is a classic example of bad legislation turning otherwise law-abiding people into criminals just because they want a cell phone. The reason why is there is now a black-market in pre-rica'd sim cards is because not everybody has an ID book and not everybody can prove their address.
    This Rica is only favoring criminals

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ndlamin View Post
    This Rica is only favoring criminals
    I know of two crimes solved via RICA, one of which was a brutal murder... So, I'm not sure how RICA can favour criminals?
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Grandmaster

To quote the Hello Mobile website:

Purchase your HelloMobile Starter Pack
    RICA your new SIM card
    Recharge with any Cell C voucher
    Make international calls directly from your HelloMobile SIM and start saving!
    I'm guessing that SIM's may be pre-purchased by others and then resold...
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

I have one of these Hello Mobile sim cards, pre-RICA'd under the name of a Chinese lady living in Cape Town while I'm a white male in Joburg...

It's always odd when I ask a sim card replacement or any operation on the account but with 2 minutes of negotiation they do it.

I know that my local supermarkets / spaza sell pre rica cards on the dl .
    not unique to hello mobile