Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cell C illegal activity

  1. #1

    Angry Cell C illegal activity

    hello Mobile that is powered by cell c - is a sim card used for cheap international calling.
    90% of hello mobile customers are Foreign nationals and almost every hello mobile sim card is PRE RICA'd.
    * is it NOT illegal to use other peopls ID numbers and proof of residence ?
    hello mobile (with the FULL knowledge of cell-c has been selling pre ricrd sim cards) just so that they can get custoemrs illegaly.

    * i have tried 2 contact hello mobile, cellc and even ICASA (no1 respond)

    ** sOME ONE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS???? (take them to court for fraud

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gatvoltel View Post
    hello Mobile that is powered by cell c - is a sim card used for cheap international calling.
    90% of hello mobile customers are Foreign nationals and almost every hello mobile sim card is PRE RICA'd.
    * is it NOT illegal to use other peopls ID numbers and proof of residence ?
    hello mobile (with the FULL knowledge of cell-c has been selling pre ricrd sim cards) just so that they can get custoemrs illegaly.

    * i have tried 2 contact hello mobile, cellc and even ICASA (no1 respond)

    ** sOME ONE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS???? (take them to court for fraud
    So, who cares? I support anything that makes a mockery of RICA.

  3. #3

    Default

    cellc got this 4G only because the gov likes them. The gov will give them a prize for this incentive to help their friends with this pre rica cards.

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster Madman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    9,196
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gatvoltel View Post
    .....
    ** sOME ONE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS???? (take them to court for fraud
    Erm yea, sue them for what? How exactly would you claim millions in damages over a pre rica'd sim?
    I am 13531

    "Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mpumalanga
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    So, who cares? I support anything that makes a mockery of RICA.
    Really?

    Then I suppose you won't mind if some criminal gets hold of your ID number and address and use your 'good' name in criminal and fraudulent activities?

    I am shocked by the responses in here, this (if indeed true) is something to be taken seriously and something done about it. It's funny how we complain about crime yet we somehow encourage it by turning a blind eye.

    The little we do goes a long way.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dups! View Post
    Really?

    Then I suppose you won't mind if some criminal gets hold of your ID number and address and use your 'good' name in criminal and fraudulent activities?

    I am shocked by the responses in here, this (if indeed true) is something to be taken seriously and something done about it. It's funny how we complain about crime yet we somehow encourage it by turning a blind eye.

    The little we do goes a long way.
    RICA hasn't prevented this identity theft, it's caused it! RICA has made us all more vulnerable to identity theft, not less vulnerable.

  7. #7

    Default

    If you are concerned about such activity, please note that cellphone companies intercept your prepaid SIM RICA details and store it for their own use. I know for sure it is in the case of Vodacom and 8ta. 8ta is even refusing to attend your matters in call centre, unles you give them your ID number and residential address. It wasn't given to them, it was given solely in purpose for RICA.
    Last edited by sajunky; 27-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    It's actually become a good business - selling rica'd sim cards

  9. #9

    Default

    RICA is a joke. RICA is a classic example of bad legislation turning otherwise law-abiding people into criminals just because they want a cell phone. The reason why is there is now a black-market in pre-rica'd sim cards is because not everybody has an ID book and not everybody can prove their address.

  10. #10

    Default Mr.

    Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    RICA is a joke. RICA is a classic example of bad legislation turning otherwise law-abiding people into criminals just because they want a cell phone. The reason why is there is now a black-market in pre-rica'd sim cards is because not everybody has an ID book and not everybody can prove their address.
    This Rica is only favoring criminals

  11. #11
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Stilbaai - Bay of the Sleeping Beauty
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ndlamin View Post
    This Rica is only favoring criminals
    I know of two crimes solved via RICA, one of which was a brutal murder... So, I'm not sure how RICA can favour criminals?
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

  12. #12
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Stilbaai - Bay of the Sleeping Beauty
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gatvoltel View Post
    hello Mobile that is powered by cell c - is a sim card used for cheap international calling.
    90% of hello mobile customers are Foreign nationals and almost every hello mobile sim card is PRE RICA'd.
    * is it NOT illegal to use other peopls ID numbers and proof of residence ?
    hello mobile (with the FULL knowledge of cell-c has been selling pre ricrd sim cards) just so that they can get custoemrs illegaly.

    * i have tried 2 contact hello mobile, cellc and even ICASA (no1 respond)

    ** sOME ONE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS???? (take them to court for fraud
    To quote the Hello Mobile website:


    Purchase your HelloMobile Starter Pack
    RICA your new SIM card
    Recharge with any Cell C voucher
    Make international calls directly from your HelloMobile SIM and start saving!
    I'm guessing that SIM's may be pre-purchased by others and then resold...
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

  13. #13

    Default

    I have one of these Hello Mobile sim cards, pre-RICA'd under the name of a Chinese lady living in Cape Town while I'm a white male in Joburg...

    It's always odd when I ask a sim card replacement or any operation on the account but with 2 minutes of negotiation they do it.

  14. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    City of Gold
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I know that my local supermarkets / spaza sell pre rica cards on the dl .
    not unique to hello mobile

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •