Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by rorz0r View Post
    So in what way is the HTC One X camera "****ty" PostmanPot? You just don't like it because it doesn't have a 4.7" plasma screen...
    I wouldn't be using my phone to watch, in particular, SD, movies and sport - so plasma would not be favourable. Also considering the bars/stats/infos which could be permanently shown, which could lead to IR and IBI. Also battery life would suffer considering plasma's higher power usage.

I would much rather take IPS LCD over plasma for the purpose of a cell phone and other 'monitoring' purposes.

But it seems I need to accept that I am finding users with strange habits such as above! Which includes accepting sub-par cameras on their R8,000 smart phones? Look at the Slash pics for yourself.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

I am not going to dismiss that this is the best phone HTC has ever brought out, because one person on this forum is not happy with the camera. I have taken 200 photos with my Desire in 2 years, so this is not a showstopper for me.

Well the vids are out there on YouTube for you to see for yourself that it's not only one person on this forum.

Great phone but would have expected more camera qualitay.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

Great, we agree that this phone is the bomb

Glad thing's didn't get nasty

hmmm ... I have a Desire HD and loving it to bits still ... but just not happy with HTC and the after
    sales service or rather the promises they make with extended online functionality which is why I
    started looking at the Galaxy S3 and to be honest some of the features are better on the S3.

just cant get away from the fact that I'd much rather use sense than touchwiz but thats just
    about the only drawback for the S3 that I can think of for now.
    WA!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep78 View Post
    hmmm ... I have a Desire HD and loving it to bits still ... but just not happy with HTC and the after
    sales service or rather the promises they make with extended online functionality which is why I
    started looking at the Galaxy S3 and to be honest some of the features are better on the S3.

just cant get away from the fact that I'd much rather use sense than touchwiz but thats just
    about the only drawback for the S3 that I can think of for now.
    Sense is MILES ahead of the Cartoony TouchWiz, but the option to put another launcher on is always there.
    Will work for peanuts

This gets interesting when you can put Sense 4.0 on the Galaxy SIII. If only.

Quote Originally Posted by gripen View Post
    This gets interesting when you can put Sense 4.0 on the Galaxy SIII. If only.
    Now that I Would Love to do!!!!! if only
    WA!

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    And a sh*tty camera to boot.

/pass
    From the engadget review :

Now let's talk about image quality. We pitted the One X against the current cream of the crop -- the N8, Amaze 4G, iPhone 4S and Galaxy Note (which uses the same module as the Galaxy S II) plus Canon's S95 compact point-and-shoot. The camera landed somewhere in the middle of this star-studded pack, marginally beating the Galaxy Note and iPhone 4S while almost matching the Amaze 4G. Sure, it's not in the same league as the N8 (which rivals the S95 in some cases), but this is one stellar camera, especially when you consider that HTC is not positioning this phone as an imaging-centric device like the Amaze 4G.
    That doesnt sound like the camera is ****ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqyon View Post
    I was excited about the One X, but

- Battery seems kind of small for the scale of the hardware.
    - 5 of 6 people I know with HTC phones (including myself) had to take it back more than once
    - HTC losing appeal by doing things like this http://bit.ly/HduVRa
    Well, your first and last one does bother me at the least as I am on the road for work most of the time and will have a car charger, and I have two Choix mobile chargers as well... On the second thing you mentioned, on my previous upgrade I took the HTC Desire, and I can honestly say this is the first time that I have gone the entire period between upgrades without losing the phone for some or other reason!

This Desire has been through water 4 times, including swimming pools and toilets (don't ask...), and has fallen quite hard more than just a couple of times, and it is still running. So I am happy with HTC overall
    Android 4.4.2 KitKat Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    ROM: CyanogenMod 11 + Fancy Kernel

I'm also a little concerned about the battery being non-removable and the lack of microSD card. How are we going to load custom ROMs I can't count how many times I've needed to do a hard reboot by removing the battery. Sounds like there will be a solution by partitioning the SD card though, not sure I'm happy with that. I like that with my Sensation (and previously Desire and Touch Pro 2), I could change the ROM without touching the data on the SD card.

Yeah, removing the battery has also helped for a frozen phone a few times on my Desire... but I am sure / hope that ICS would have these problems fixed by now
    Last edited by TBlaar; 04-04-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Most electronics have a "kill switch" method to force shut it down. Usually holding the power button for 30 seconds works. (PS Vita, Nokia N8, Nokia N9, Optimus Black)
    Will work for peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Unnamed View Post
    Most electronics have a "kill switch" method to force shut it down. Usually holding the power button for 30 seconds works. (PS Vita, Nokia N8, Nokia N9, Optimus Black)
    I've also had to flip my Desires battery out regularly but apparently the One X can indeed be rebooted with the power button as you mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    Expansys selling the One X - for those who can't wait for the service providers to get them
    Quote Originally Posted by renvilo View Post
    I may have to use one of these in the next week after literally going for a swim with my N1.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast