Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: 8ta Billing FAQ

Exclamation 8ta Billing FAQ

1. First invoice pro-rata explanation

Determine the daily amount of a monthly charge being prorated by dividing it by the number of days in the month the service is applied for. The resulting number is the daily amount.

Example:
    Based on a 30 day bill cycle and a monthly recurring charge of R300, the daily amount is R10 (R300/30 days = R10). Determine the number of pro-rated days. The monthly service charges begin the day service is activated.
    Example: Application date = 20th day of a cycle which means there are 10 pro-rated days. Multiply the daily amount by the number of days being pro-rated. This gives you the total pro-rated amount.
    i.e. R10 x 10 days = R100.

Your first subscription will then show as R400 as you will be paying for the previous month’s pro-rated subscription (R100) as well as the current month’s subscription (R300).

What is pro-rated?
    • Subscription Fees
    • CLIP/CLIR
    • Free minutes
    • Free SMSes

What is not pro-rated?
    • Itemised Billing

2. Overdue account manual payments and payment allocations

Steps using the bank approved beneficiaries list on internet banking:
    1. Select Company,
    2. Select Telkom,
    3. Add the Beneficiary Statement Description as: 8ta 19 digit number from the back of the invoice.

EFT (internet banking) or direct bank deposit details:
    • Name of the bank: Absa
    • Account number: 4076155598
    • Branch code: 632005
    • Beneficiary Statement Description: 8ta 19 digit number from the back of the invoice

Proof of payment should be provided to:
    • Fax number: 088 012 311 3872
    • Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> Proof Of Payment
    • An 8ta/Telkom store

Proof of payment must be accompanied by the following information:
    • Name and surname
    • ID/Passport number
    • Alternate contact number
    • Email address
    • 8ta mobile number
    • 8ta account number being paid

3. Change of billing address or bill Format (email or post)

Documentation required:
    • Copy of the 8ta account holder’s ID/Passport
    • Letter with summary of change required including account holder’s signature

Letter must be accompanied by the following information:
    • Name and surname
    • Email address
    • 8ta mobile number

This information should be provided to:
    • Fax number: 088 012 311 387
    • Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> Change of bill format/address
    • An 8ta/Telkom store

4. Debit order date change (15th, 20th, 25th or last working day of the month):

Documentation required:

Letter must be accompanied by the following information:
    • Name and surname
    • Email address
    • 8ta mobile number

• Fax number: 088 012 311 387
    • Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> Debit order date change
    • An 8ta/Telkom store
    • Calling 081 180 with verbal authentication checks and ID/passport verification (free call from your 8ta number)

5. Debit order disputes and refund requests

Documentation required:
    • Copy of Bank Account holder’s ID/passport
    • Stamped bank statement reflecting 8ta debit order amount and debit order reference

Additional information required:
    • 8ta account number
    • Name and surname
    • Email address
    • Summary of complaint
    • Current/previous 8ta reference number(s)

• Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> Debit order dispute/refund request
    • Visit an 8ta/Telkom store with the above information

6. Contract cancellations (cancellation fees and Ts & Cs apply)

Documentation required:
    • Letter with summary of cancellation reason(s) required including account holder’s signature
    • Copy of Account holder’s ID/passport

• Name and surname
    • Email address
    • 8ta number to be cancelled
    • 8ta Account Number

Send above information to:
    • Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> cancellation request
    • An 8ta/Telkom store

7. Itemized billing activation (R17.00 per month)/deactivation request

Documentation required:

• Name and surname
    • Email address
    • 8ta mobile number

• Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> itemized billing
    • Calling 081 180 with verbal authentication checks and ID/passport verification (free call from your 8ta number)

8. Credit limit increase/decrease application (credit vetting will be done again)

Documentation required:

Additional information required in the letter:
    • Name and surname
    • Email address
    • Credit limit amount request
    • 8ta Account Number
    • 8ta Number

• E-mail: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> credit limit

9. Contract upgrade/downgrade migration application (credit vetting will be done)

*Note:
    *You will not qualify for a new handset/voucher
    *You will only qualify for the new upgraded/downgraded contract airtime benefits once the migration is approved.

Documentation required:

Additional information required in the letter:
    • Name and surname
    • Email address
    • Migration application from which contract to which contract
    • 8ta account number
    • 8ta number

• Email: social@8ta.com with subject line: MyBB <username> contract migration
    Last edited by Telkom Mobile; 02-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.

it is two weeks now that i have been double debited, i have been speaking to several consultants , one even put the phone down in my face , i was told that the money was refunded into my account and it would take 3 working days, then 48 hours and now 10 working days, i was now told that the cash was credited into my 8ta account and that they debited off the credit for this month already and i signed for a debit order for the 31st, i am busy with the newspapers now to make all people aware of the bad service so that no other person should have this bad experience as i did,

Hi ebrahi123!

Please can you forward us the emails you have sent (along with attachments) so we can follow this up for you? Our email address: Social@8ta.com

We will try our best to get this resolved as soon as we can.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

I would just like to warn anybody intending to get an 8ta contract! This company is exactly like Telkom. I was cut off today instead of receiving a credit on my account due to months of "transmission errors" on the 8ta tower serving me. 8ta is a very very VERY bad idea. Stay as far away from 8ta as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by b166er View Post
    I would just like to warn anybody intending to get an 8ta contract! This company is exactly like Telkom. I was cut off today instead of receiving a credit on my account due to months of "transmission errors" on the 8ta tower serving me. 8ta is a very very VERY bad idea. Stay as far away from 8ta as possible.
    Hi bi66er

Please PM us your 8ta number and a summary of what happened so we can address this for you? We would like to get this sorted out as soon as we can.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Default @8TA

And if I may ask, how long does it take to allocate a payment? Its now more than a week debit order went thru but payment still outstanding. Call center personel very rude and incompitent.( behaving as if they are doing you a favour)

Hi Baba Vakai

Debit orders which were successful on the day it was supposed to go off, reflects on the same day. Unsuccessful debit orders will be attempted at a later date and those successful payments only reflect after 11 days. Manual payments with the correct reference number will take 2 days. If the reference number is incorrect, it is not allocated and only with sending us the proof of payment can this payment be allocated. This takes about 24 hours to reflect.

If you need us to check, please send us a PM or email with your exact query as well as your 8ta and ID numbers so we can assist you if need be.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Hi All

Please click on the following link if you need a better understanding of the 8ta bill:
    http://www.8ta.com/media/heita/web/p...oice_guide.pdf

Thank you
    8ta Social Media Team

Grandmaster

Hi 8ta Guy,

I have just called the 180 call center,
    I asked "what happens once my Internet 5 Promo reaches it's 25th month"
    The reply i got was that once you reach your 24/25th month you are placed onto a month to month contract,
    and the current subscription rate stays the same. So i will pay R199 for 10Gigs as long as the contract is active.

Now my question to you is, was i given the correct information?
    Will I continue to pay R199 per month on a month to month basis without my monthly bill being raised to R1200 per month?

And what will happen if i am charged R1200 for 10gigs should this information not be correct?
    Also when does the promo end? I have heard that March 2013 seems to be it's end.....
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Hummercellc View Post
    Hi 8ta Guy,

I have just called the 180 call center,
    I asked "what happens once my Internet 5 Promo reaches it's 25th month"
    The reply i got was that once you reach your 24/25th month you are placed onto a month to month contract,
    and the current subscription rate stays the same. So i will pay R199 for 10Gigs as long as the contract is active.

Now my question to you is, was i given the correct information?
    Will I continue to pay R199 per month on a month to month basis without my monthly bill being raised to R1200 per month?

And what will happen if i am charged R1200 for 10gigs should this information not be correct?
    Also when does the promo end? I have heard that March 2013 seems to be it's end.....
    Hi Hummercellc

After 24 months, the contract will go into a month to month contract.

The monthly instalment will stay the same.

We do not have a committed end date for the Internet 5 Promo.

If you experience any billing problems, please PM us or email social@8ta.com.

Thank you
    8ta Social Media Team

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi Hummercellc

After 24 months, the contract will go into a month to month contract.

The monthly instalment will stay the same.

We do not have a committed end date for the Internet 5 Promo.

If you experience any billing problems, please PM us or email social@8ta.com.

Thank you
    8ta Social Media Team
    Thank you! Just what I wanted to hear, would hate to open my bill and get a heart attack.
    Who cares?

Thank you for clearing that up.

Hi,

I have the 8ta Internet Pro 5 10GB contract. When I checked my balance this morning I saw I only had 4.6GB remaining. I called the 8ta help line and was told that on Sunday night at 00:10am, 3GB was used when "I" logged on. This is obviously impossible as I was asleep (and yes, my young kids were too). I asked if the usage could be traced to user/website and the consultant said no. I pushed for a better explanation and he said he would pass it on to "technical". Not sure if I will ever hear from them. Any suggestions please? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    Hi,

I have the 8ta Internet Pro 5 10GB contract. When I checked my balance this morning I saw I only had 4.6GB remaining. I called the 8ta help line and was told that on Sunday night at 00:10am, 3GB was used when "I" logged on. This is obviously impossible as I was asleep (and yes, my young kids were too). I asked if the usage could be traced to user/website and the consultant said no. I pushed for a better explanation and he said he would pass it on to "technical". Not sure if I will ever hear from them. Any suggestions please? Many thanks.
    Hi

We did PM you.
    Please provide the required information.

Thank you
    8ta

And the official response is:

Hi
    Unfortunately we do not do deep packet inspections.
    Please change your Wi-Fi password.
    Thank you
    8ta

So I lose 3GB in one night and all I get from 8ta is "change your password", no explanation, no investigation, nothing!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast