Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HD PVR 2P Remote

Default HD PVR 2P Remote

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a strange problem. I just bought a HD PVR 2P and Iím having some problems with my remote.

I first noticed that during the day it works fine but at night for some reason it gives me endless problems, I have to press a button several times before it responds. Then last night for the first time I was watching TV in my room and used the remote through a remote blaster/extender and it worked fine. So I went back to the lounge to test the remote and it still gave me problems. So I figured it has something to do with the lighting. After doing some troubleshooting I landed on a channel that doesnít work and had a plain black screen and realized the remote worked fine when the TV had a black screen.

So in summary, my remote doesnít work properly when the TV is on but does work in the day or through a remote extender.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Blog Entries

I think the TV's IR receiver is receiving too much ambient light. Check the light sources in the room (could be either light from the TV itself being reflected or from a window)

Seems like some thing is interfering with your infra red signal .Move the DSTV around and you will have to work out what is interfering .could also be Infrared from CCTV cam that switches on at night .
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

I think the problem is coming from the TV itself because I switched off all the lights and it still didnt work properly.

I do have a huge mirror in the lounge, could this be causing it?

Blog Entries

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post

Thanks, I have seen this thread but my problem is different, it only doesn’t work at night. It works 100% in the day and through a remote extender.

Quote Originally Posted by grav80 View Post
    Yes!
    Thanks grav80. I will try and cover the mirror up tonight and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    Thanks, I have seen this thread but my problem is different, it only doesn’t work at night. It works 100% in the day and through a remote extender.
    Do you have a plasma screen or an LCD? Plasma screens can often interfere with IR...

Do you have a plasma screen or an LCD? Plasma screens can often interfere with IR...
    Its a Plasma screen.

If the decoder has it's own shelf in a cabinet, move it further to the back. I've also seen guys use conduit pipe fitted over the IR receiver position, on the front panel of the decoder. This is to block the interference coming in at angles...

If the decoder has it's own shelf in a cabinet, move it further to the back. I've also seen guys use conduit pipe fitted over the IR receiver position, on the front panel of the decoder. This is to block the interference coming in at angles...

Thanks man.

Ill play around with the solutions you guys provided and let you know tomorrow.