Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: ADSL speed spikes??

Default ADSL speed spikes??

Hi

I have a 384kbps ADSL. I was downloading a nvidia driver on it and my speed suddently spiked from 38 to the 80's. The speed was constant, at the 80's till the download finished.

What could have caused this spike?

Have you logged into your router to verify that Telkom had not changed your line speed ?

Quote Originally Posted by ajules View Post
    Have you logged into your router to verify that Telkom had not changed your line speed ?
    I had a Billion 400G modem, that modem is not intelligent enough to show me the sync speed, noise, etc.

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngadao08 View Post
    I had a Billion 400G modem, that modem is not intelligent enough to show me the sync speed, noise, etc.
    The 400G does show line stats, I used to have one.
    Praise Zeus!

Grandmaster

Try the MyBB speed test at the top of the page.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

My 1mb spike from time to time quite heavy. Instead of 105kbps sometimes get 600-800kbps for a minute or so before dropping back to normal. had one spike lasting more than an hour at over 700kbps going through gigs. Interesting fact is that Telscum insist that my max line speed is 4mb. When I forwarded the screencaptures of this event to them, nobody could explain it and I got Uuh's and Aah's from them, and dont forget the Mmmmm's.

My 4mb line is rock steady. Seen one or two spikes lasting a second or two but nothing major. But its a Business line + package i must say.
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on" - Robert Bloch

On a 4mbps line you should get at least 3000kbps, and more.