Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xtra-view Setup - (Secondary Decoder cannot be remote controlled through the TV Link)

Blog Entries

Default Xtra-view Setup - (Secondary Decoder cannot be remote controlled through the TV Link)

I have setup the following connection:

with the following option:

My Xtra-View setup on Primary decoder are:

1) Comm port: RF In
    2) Remote mode: TV1
    3) Relay Remote Commands: On
    4) Accept Remote Commands: On

And the TV Installation on the Primary has TV Link set to ENABLED

My Xtra-View setup on Secondary is:

1) Transmit Port: RF-OUT

Remote Control Setting are:

Mode 1: Ignore
    Mode 2: Respond
    Mode 3: Ignore
    Mode 4: Ignore

TV Link Set-up is set to DISABLED.

Now all is working well except that I cannot control the secondary decoder from the second room through the TV eye. I can control the primary decoder though from the second room although there is no sound coming from the primary decoder channel in the second room. I did try the remote with a TV Link set to ENABLED on the secondary decoder and still couldn't control the decoder.

The first day I installed and set-up the TV eye I was able to control both decoder and switched off (set to sleep) the second decoder from the second room through the TV eye and that was the last time it worked. The following morning I tried switching in on through the TV eye again the same as I switched it of the last night, it couldn't come on and hence couldn't control it again to this day (three days after).

What am I doing wrong?
    Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

I don't think you can have multiple sound outputs from one decoder. Do you also need to have each decoder connected to both TVs?

Blog Entries

Default Xtra-view Setup - (Secondary Decoder cannot be remote controlled through the TV Link)

They are already both connected to the two TV's with the hdmi and av in the first room and rf cable in the second room. My main concern though is to get the secondary remote working in the second room.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

One of these problems:

The TV eye has stopped working due to equipment failure
    There is no voltage from the 1110 decoder from RF out (measure it, it should be between 7 and 9 volts)
    There is a dodgy connection

I would be inclined to insert a T piece between the RF out on the 1110 and RF in on the HD-PVR. This will ensure that you get a TV link voltage

If you cannot get any sound on a remote TV using an RF connection, then the country setup is incorrect on the remote TV. In SA (and in the UK), the sound/vision spacing on the RF signal is 6 MHz whereas in other countries it is 5.5MHz)

Have you set up the remote control you are using to TV2 mode?
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc4290 View Post
    Have you set up the remote control you are using to TV2 mode?
    The remote control works well when I am next to the secondary decoder and the TV2 led flicks when I press the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguyza View Post
    They are already both connected to the two TV's with the hdmi and av in the first room and rf cable in the second room. My main concern though is to get the secondary remote working in the second room.
    I'll have a look at how mine is connected. It's basicly the same setup: HD PVR connected with a normal SD Decoder for Xtra-view.

Try playing around with the position of the Remote Blaster. Point it directly to the SD decoder.

EDIT: Why do you need both decoders connected to each TV?

The setup you have does not allow changing the decoder you want to change (via TV link). Use the RF out - RF out setup.

Tian, the reason most people do this, is so they can watch recordings on the HD PVR in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    The setup you have does not allow changing the decoder you want to change (via TV link). Use the RF out - RF out setup.

Tian, the reason most people do this, is so they can watch recordings on the HD PVR in the bedroom.
    Yes, but look at the three inputs on the main TV. Isnt that a bit overkill?

Is the Remote Blaster placed so that the SD decoder can detect its signal? On the first picture its placed on the HD PVR. Something might be blocking the signal.

Blog Entries

I will definitely install a T connector and see if it will sort me out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiandup View Post
    The grayed out connection is optional and I also did not use it. Don't you think it will be useless since AV and HDMI offer better results?

That is not the problem here...

Is the Remote Blaster placed so that the SD decoder can detect its signal? On the first picture its placed on the HD PVR. Something might be blocking the signal.
    He is not using a remote blaster. He is using a TVlink and from his last posts, it sounds like he knows what he needs to do. Stop confusing everyone
    Last edited by Quantum Theory; 22-07-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Try playing around with the position of the Remote Blaster. Point it directly to the SD decoder.
    The remote works perfectly well when I am in the main room. It just don't work through the TV eye.

Blog Entries

That is not the problem here...

He is not using a remote blaster. He is using a TVlink and from his last posts, it sounds like he knows what he needs to do. Stop confusing everyone
    I was actually avoiding the RF OUT to RF OUT HB and T connector because I don't know where to get the In-line DC Block. Is it available at ordinary electric shop?

I was actually avoiding the RF OUT to RF OUT HB and T connector because I don't know where to get the In-line DC Block. Is it available at ordinary electric shop?
    Who is the local installer in Heilbron? Maybe he's got one for you... You can also try it without the DC block. It will not cause any damage. If you get issues with the secondary decoder losing heartbeat communication, get hold of a DC block.

Blog Entries

Who is the local installer in Heilbron? Maybe he's got one for you... You can also try it without the DC block. It will not cause any damage. If you get issues with the secondary decoder losing heartbeat communication, get hold of a DC block.
    If I did not place an order on Bidorbuy for the TV eye, I would still be waiting for that local DSTV installer to order it for me. I don't know if he got a DC block though, I will try him too.

I will then connect the T without the DC block if it won't cause me any harm.

Thanks
    Last edited by blackguyza; 22-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast