Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Windows 8 : Downgrade Internet explorer

Default Windows 8 : Downgrade Internet explorer

Hi,

Does anyone know of a possible way to downgrade from ie10 to 9 or 8 in Windows 8? We are now having major issues with our CRM system as ie10 doesn't handle the scrips properly...

I have done some googling but disabling ie10 doesn't allow for the install of of ie9.

Thanks in advance!

What you could do is install Windows XP evaluation version and run it in a VM - you install IE8.
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

I assume Chrome or Firefox are not options ? I doubt they will let you downgrade IE 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwn 4 View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know of a possible way to downgrade from ie10 to 9 or 8 in Windows 8? We are now having major issues with our CRM system as ie10 doesn't handle the scrips properly...

I have done some googling but disabling ie10 doesn't allow for the install of of ie9.

Thanks in advance!
    Try compatibility mode.

Thats what you get when you do not follow standards.

Problem lies with the person that picked the CRM software not the OS or IE10.

Compatibility mode is used for the purpose of running websites that only work in old IE versions.
    In IE Press F12 to open dev tools and click on browser mode and then from the drop down change it to IE 9, 8 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaJohn View Post
    Thats what you get when you do not follow standards.

Problem lies with the person that picked the CRM software not the OS or IE10.
    Not always, if its really old like some systems I've worked with made back when IE7 was the latest and greatest and works fine with IE 7, 8, 9 and not 10. If its fairly new then it should work with everything but Microsoft loves to make their change and not care about the rest of the world.

IE's the scum of the earth when it comes to web development and its started to show. More and more sites have the "100% super pimp mode in Chrome and Firefox" using the latest and greatest that CSS has to offer and then IE will look second best with its second rate support.

Quote Originally Posted by twicode View Post
    Compatibility mode is used for the purpose of running websites that only work in old IE versions.
    In IE Press F12 to open dev tools and click on browser mode and then from the drop down change it to IE 9, 8 or 7.
    You learn something new every day I knew of compatibility mode, but not of the switch to previous versions. Thanks.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

Quote Originally Posted by KinsZA View Post
    Not always, if its really old like some systems I've worked with made back when IE7 was the latest and greatest and works fine with IE 7, 8, 9 and not 10. If its fairly new then it should work with everything but Microsoft loves to make their change and not care about the rest of the world.

IE's the scum of the earth when it comes to web development and its started to show. More and more sites have the "100% super pimp mode in Chrome and Firefox" using the latest and greatest that CSS has to offer and then IE will look second best with its second rate support.
    See message went totally over your head?

Standard means it can work with IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. You talking backwards compatibility, that is a totally different subject.

If the CRM app adhered to say W3C it would have worked regardless of what IE version you using, or what Microsoft did.
    Last edited by AlphaJohn; 29-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.

On the metro startup page you have IE10, but if you go to your desktop, you should have IE9, at least that is how my version works. I also downloaded and added Chrome.

Thanks for the assistance. Compatibility mode and a update from our devs sorted the most of the issues.

Unfortunately the system is too involved for them to develop for all browsers. So out of the massive list they choose ie8 and slightly upgraded it for 9, now that 10 is availible they seem to be taking their sweet time