Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: No receiving SMS on CellC

  1. #1

    Angry No receiving SMS on CellC

    I'm having this problem since Tuesday this week. I can send sms out from my phone, but I'm only receiving sms from MTN numbers. All Vodacom & CellC sms don't come thru. I tested from somebody else on CellC and also didnít receive the sms. I checked the message center number and nothing has changed. I also phoned the call center and they gave me a code to unbar the phone. I tried it, but still didnít work. Called them back and my query was escalated to a senior tech. Now Iím waiting for them to get back to me. Does anybody have the same problem?
    The very existence of flamethrowers suggests that at one point someone said to them self, "You know, I'd really like to set those people over there on fire."

  2. #2

    Default

    I've been having the same problem since friday. REALLY FRUSTRATING and every time the call centre tells me they are unable to log into my number. But apparantly the'll come back to me on tuesday.

  3. #3

    Default Problem with Porting from MTN to CellC (to a number which originally was with CellC)

    Hi there,

    Did you ever resolve this ? If so how ?
    I'm having the same problem and no end of calls and emails have yielded nothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Freakboy View Post
    I'm having this problem since Tuesday this week. I can send sms out from my phone, but I'm only receiving sms from MTN numbers. All Vodacom & CellC sms don't come thru. I tested from somebody else on CellC and also didnít receive the sms. I checked the message center number and nothing has changed. I also phoned the call center and they gave me a code to unbar the phone. I tried it, but still didnít work. Called them back and my query was escalated to a senior tech. Now Iím waiting for them to get back to me. Does anybody have the same problem?

  4. #4

    Default Problem with Porting from MTN to CellC (to a number which originally was with CellC)

    Hi there, did you ever resolve this ?
    I seem to have this problem every time I port to a different service provider, but Cell C seems unable to do anything about it.
    By the way, I presume your service provider is not actually Cell C ? I'm with Nashua and Cell C tell me they can't log into my number and I must rather approach Nashua ...

    Quote Originally Posted by DFM7 View Post
    I've been having the same problem since friday. REALLY FRUSTRATING and every time the call centre tells me they are unable to log into my number. But apparantly the'll come back to me on tuesday.

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    5,446

    Default

    Same problem. Sms's to two Cell C numbers in Somerset West don't deliver since Tuesday.

  6. #6

    Default SMS to Cell C numbers

    Were these 2 Cell C numbers ported from another network ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    Same problem. Sms's to two Cell C numbers in Somerset West don't deliver since Tuesday.

  7. #7

    Default

    The fault was apparently on the MTN side, whereby they had a problem with the routing from MTN to Virgin Mobile and Cell C. Unaware of the Vodacom side of things
    THESE POSTS ARE OF MY OWN, AND REFLECT NO AFFILIATION TO ANY INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY THAT I MAY HAVE

  8. #8

    Default

    Vodacom (support person) didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

  9. #9

    Default

    When I called to complain about sms's, someone there told me to check that the messaging centre was set to +27841000000 and something about
    Code:
    #33*1234*16#
    I can't remember what the #...# will do, because I zoned out, but it is something with sms's. And of course restarting the device was mentioned somewhere to the end of the call.

    I will report back if there is any problems, but thus far the 3 tests went through. Vodacom to CC and Mtn to CC.

    Edit: **** [Warning: ensure you start with a hash# not a star*] ****

    http://translate.google.com/translat...TOPIC_ID%3D207

    Original untranslated page if above don't work for some reason:
    http://www.passionepc.it/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=207
    Last edited by frozen; 02-06-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Warning

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •