Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MACS what to consider

Super Grandmaster

Default MACS what to consider

moo moo to evryone :P

What must one consider when buying macs? like the os and all the other software because i need a fast mac desktop for adobe cs2 etc all that proggy's that eats p4 these day's

are they liable with windows when you save files externally? how universal are they with most of the software requirements do you guy's think it's worth getting a mac desktop

Meowwwwwwww...
    Quote Originally Posted by dualmeister View Post
    LOL I have the exact same lava lamp

I think you need more ritalin
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

All the mac desktops are fast these days but Adobe hasnt optimized CS for the intel chips so it only runs under rosetta. There is a notice on Adobe's site that says they wont be making it a universal application until CS3 and there's not release date for that yet.

Apparently CS2 works just fine under rosetta.

You can also dual boot Windows on a mac if you want to.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Super Grandmaster

what is rosetta?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Aspersie View Post
    what is rosetta?
    See http://www.apple.com/rosetta/

Basically it allows software designed to run on the old PowerPC (IBM made) chips to run on the new Intel chips which they are putting into all their new computers (when you buy one make sure it is an intel one)

Super Grandmaster

o ja anyway... so in other words i won't be able to run proggy's like adobe cs2 or paintshopo, macromedia flash 8 pro or 3d studio max or maya or or or on the mac?

correct me if i'm wrong

o ja anyway... so in other words i won't be able to run proggy's like adobe cs2 or paintshopo, macromedia flash 8 pro or 3d studio max or maya or or or on the mac?

correct me if i'm wrong
    No - it means you will be able to run those programs on the new macs and when the universals come out they'll run even faster.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Super Grandmaster

so that programmes i named are supported by macs?

with the OS i mean (macs)

You should be ok with all of them with OsX.

When they release the universal versions it just means they should be a lot faster.

Now that mac has updated all their systems to intel the pressure is going to be on for Adobe to get a move on.
    Ron White was right

Super Grandmaster

sory? why did mac update to intel aren't they supposed to be their own brand?

Grandmaster

sory? why did mac update to intel aren't they supposed to be their own brand?
    They are their own brand - but they are just using the intel processors in their computers - Dell, Mecer etc. all do the same - the reason it is a big jump is before they used the PowerPC chips made by IBM (there is a big difference between the chip maker and the manufactorer of the computer)

Super Grandmaster

so basically if you buy a mac today it's the same as buying a intel desktop?

Intel dont make desktops afaik - it's an apple machine with an intel cpu running osx.

The operating system is an important distinction.
    Ron White was right

Grandmaster

so basically if you buy a mac today it's the same as buying a intel desktop?
    Yes and no - it still has all the other mac hardware, it still runs OSX (which i think is now possible on other machiens but not worth the effort), it's still a mac - the only difference is that it is supposed to be faster than before and some (but most will) less-mainstream applications will not work (only one I have come across so far is Open Office and a couple of heavily java orientated applications)

Oh - and it lets you dual boot OSX with XP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast